Gnoll's: Treelines need Bashing

Started by Luke Danger, May 08, 2011, 04:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke Danger

In a nutshell, there's a reocurring bug with the gnolls quest where a path doesn't form, and not every party is going to be able to blow it apart.

So two solutions come; one is to make the smaller trees bashable, leaving enough room to squeeze through, or make a forewarning in the quest that you may need magic to blow through the thick treelines. A third solution, I guess, is hidden secret paths that probably need rangers/druids/high-spot rogues to locate as another bypass in a pinch.

I just think it may be frustrating to parties, especially those not familiar with the quest, to be unable to do this because of something like that. The treeline's not a bad idea, it just seems to be baddly implemented in my personal oppinion

Explosive Behaviour

I think mages just need to learn to keep some spells in reserve for the possibility. Its not hard to save a few scrolls or spells to take down the trees.

Luke Danger

What I'm meaning is that there's no warning that you may need it. Groups will basically walk in and be caught completely unawares without a pre-quest given warning

Howlando

Make no mistake, it's a BUG that one way is blocked at all.

But yes, after all this time unfixed implementing a workaround is probably needed.

Drakill Tannan

If i'm not msitaken, there are multiple paths blocked by trees, right? It could be intresting you had fire bomb placeables that allowed you to open some paths but not all so taht players could choose their path. It would add some variety to the quest.

Just a random idea.

Howlando

I believe Mort tried another fix to address this issue, making it so there should always be at least one potential path to go forward. If either the beetles or gnoll quests remain blocked, requiring burning hands spray, please make another report.