Rework WaW favor system

Started by Pandip, June 25, 2016, 07:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pentaxius

It takes 3 months for Agents too to accumulate 100 favor. These were Agent-related suggestions, not for all waw. These perks should be more flavor than power.

The Power-suits are amazingly cool.

Something I feel would add to them, is the addition of an item called "Pilot's helmet" specifically for Engineers. The Helmet would come with heavy armor prof. I feel Engineers should be the expert in using Power-suits, but because they lack heavy armor prof, they can't make use of them.

I love cats

Warders, and agents definetly need some more perks out of the WAW favor system. I would even go as far as to say implement something similar to the house of knowledge where for 2-5 favor points you get a random scroll, book, report/animatron/dunwarren themed loot...Or even a special projection room that lets you gain a small amount of XP, and watch projections of important events from the previous chapter's of EFU.

Stranger

Badges.

Watchers no longer receive badges when they join the association. Originally, they would receive Iron Badges upon induction, and Steel Badges upon promotion. Each would give a colored text emote upon being flashed. I'd like to see these brought back in some capacity! Perhaps as vanity items which can be acquired through favor, an analogue to Adept's Robe that veteran Warders can acquire?

"Iron Badge of the Watchers" for 5 favor?

"Steel Badge of the Watchers" for 25 favor?

"Mithril Badge of the Watchers" for 100 favor?

Et cetera!

Pentaxius

This is an excellent idea stranger. Metals as vanity marks for badges, acting as a distant proxy for the amount of time spent in the organization.

EventHorizon

Extreme second on the above motion.

Ironside

Just a reminder that some of us are intently reading this and other new faction suggestion threads... good ideas in here.

Give the Past a Slip

I like the theme of favor being used to buy toys designed to help out with the day to day of Watcher business. The Power Suits are great for extreme circumstances, of course, but some things for smaller situations would be nice too. Maybe a stun baton that only lasts 30 rounds but had bonuses to help quell riots and other outbursts? Or some minor thowables to help break up crowds. You could make them vanish on reset to avoid the temptation to horde them.

Luke Danger

Another thing might be to consider is normal supplies. As it is, I read favor as how much kit the WaW will outfit you with, or at least how much they're willing to pull 'off the books' per se in order to aid you. So supplying you with more advanced/rare equipment. In this case, why not small bundles of useful supplies? Not enough to replace just buying them, but something to represent the Watchers and Warders being willing to kit you up a bit because you're either useful or the right people don't want you to die. Sort of like a standard issue requisition - you pay X favor for Y potions or other consumables, and not using it means that you can request alternatives because you're not consuming Sanctuary's resources to be battle-ready (and perhaps put in some incentive to maintain a certain amount of kit so it isn't "you just are banking your favor rather than getting standard issue"

​Though on the side of armor; perhaps upgrades to the standard kit as well? as it is the main difference between a Duty Plate and something from Tagnar's is that the Duty Plate counts as on-duty, and you can upgrade your stuff from Tagnar but not from the WaW. Perhaps something like that to keep the on-duty kit viable? Most of it already has a player's name, plus it could be tied into the above (your favor being expended is the WaW seeing you as an asset worth protecting, though don't expect more favors until you prove that the investment was well spent). It can be viable for all levels of armor from the standard tunic/mail/leathers to Warder robes as well as plate (and given that it'd be far more useful to many more given there are those who can't use the heavier power suits), and on top of that it provides a sort of show of growth for players who are actively earning and using favor.

That said I also like the idea of more fluffy perks too. Perhaps some things that Watchers can use to reward (un)deserving allies, sort of like those old Appreication Tokens like what was given out by House Sharbenoth to the vets of Red Elient? They don't need to be major boosts like what those had, but even a small 1/day Cure Minor pin that has a text to flash can be helpful to issue out for those that want to try and promote patriotism to Sanctuary and think shiny medals are good proof. Sort of like that iron/steel/mithril pin idea, maybe taken a little further. Plus, it allows for the favoritism that seems to be the norm these days...