Nature Tool

Started by NothingGoldCanStay, August 16, 2016, 04:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NothingGoldCanStay

Basically, I think it'd be a pretty good perk for druids and nature PCs to be able to not have to kill the mushrooms that pop up all over the place. The tool would do this:

As you can see, the mushrooms sink down (about 0.30f) into the ground for 1 round, allowing the druid to pass.

HarvestMoon

This would be amazingly helpful in a few places where the 'shroom always seem to spawn in the most path blocking way possible.  

Kinslayer988

<SkillFocuspwn> no property developers among men only brothers

Heart Of Oak

Couldn't agree more with this idea, A+

Pentaxius

This does look great!

zDark Shadowz

Simple & immersive idea. Need to push the like button. :)

Luke Danger

This has my vote of approval. Plus it's also great for chases - they use this, book it past, and now there's essentially a barricade to those pursuing them.

Phoenix Rising

This could also be refitted for non druids too. Like doors for general access, or faction access areas. Ooze cult might have a specific giant ooze that they can walk through with minor burns, while non oozers might get more horribly burned or have to destroy the ooze to get past it, for example. It's a pretty script and could be reused and repurposed for other things :)

Pup

These mushrooms are clearly placed to interrupt sneaks. That being said, it makes a great deal of sense and doesn't seem overly powerful to allow druids a way to pass them. I would suggest at least a 1 round action be required, even taking the PC out of stealth.

(which appears to be the case with this script, but I'm not sure)
"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"
"Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph."

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals

NothingGoldCanStay

All of these things would be fine. Giving it a wind up time could prevent abuse, sure.

Ebok

For point of reference, once anyone during a reset destroys the mushrooms, they no longer interrupt stealth. I doubt very seriously if the intention is to prevent people from stealthing past it. If anything, it is to thematically suggest that no one has been through here yet. There is little reason to make a druid risk death from horrors of the underdark to get through mushrooms that only sometimes block passage.

crapper_scrapper

some mushrooms do respawn, i could see this go for druids and maybe perks (like rogue scout perk)

EventHorizon

Hell YEAH. Also, on disrupting stealth: as a constant player of stealthy PCs, I can tell you that those mushrooms have never ever hindered me, and only ever helped me - anecdotal, though, I could see how a sneak might be unpleasantly surprised (haha, dead!) when they try to slip around the edges of the mushrooms in stealth. The times when they are fatal obstructions is when you're -not- in stealth, on the run, as fast as possible, and you realize that NWN's pathfinding sucks and you hate Orogs.

To balance it, my two cents is, exactly what NGCS has posted and agreed on, but additionally:

Druids and (higher level) Rangers can Shroomwalk, even in stealth, but with the delay we see. (Remember, as it is, one can already mostly get around these without chopping them up.)

A Rogue Perk awards the same ability, or work it into another existing Perk at face value.

A non-stealthing form of this ability ought to be available to some Fighter perk kit.

|

The most implementable form of this is probably the simple feature NGCS has shown us, applied to Druids (/and Rangers) universally, I imagine.

I'm also very with the idea mentioned that this can be worked into other things as well, like Oozers and such.