Aurelio d'Lyon's Journal

Started by Lannister, May 07, 2024, 01:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lannister

Maribeh 1st, IY 7788. A time where the great Caliph is honoured.

Koji visited me again today, I drank to rid myself of his presence.

Blessed drink, beloved drink. My cure. My caress. My companion. My Sight.

I have tried to convince them that I am doing good, that I am on the destined path but I feel myself growing more hollowed by the day. The harsh words of Aubrey stain my heart, they make me bitter. They make me so cold. Please Mother, I pray make her a sister to me for once rather than an enemy cowled.

Why is it that so few believe in me beyond the sisters and even then, is it a lie? Selsi, Selsi, Selsi you are so twisted in your political webs that you've forgotten your purpose. Or have I forgotten my purpose? Am I not meant for something more?

Colmes. If I were a vicious man, your eyes I would damn, but I am my mother's child and so I am above such thoughts. You know so little of what we are facing, but you have convinced the world you are some great saviour, sent to lead them to victory! I was making my name killing orcs whilst you were enjoying the frivolities of Baz'eel. I've spilt more blood in the sands than any in the Well. Saviour.. why you?

Why not me?

Lannister

Maribeh 7th, IY 7788. A time where the great Caliph is honoured.

I drank deeply last eve and in my dreams I was visited by Her again. She wept in the woods of strangled throats, knelt in supplication with the gilded blade in her hands and the dahkwar before her. The eyes of the Enemy surround her, the cycle is doomed and the world is dead. The woods are hungry as they are dark.

Drowned out, drowned out, DROWNED.

My maiden, my fair sister, my destined seer? I do not know you, but I know you. You do not know me, but you know me. I shall look for answers in the mists and the haze of my cups. There I will find you again, and none can deny my destiny. Not even me.

The presentiment of grass blades on my skin. Turned to thorns drinking deep.

Of This Drink I drink of Thee.

Of This Blood, a Groaning.