Glyph of warding seemingly not triggering..?

Started by sankarul, May 29, 2020, 09:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sankarul

I have tried casting it ON a moving NPC without it triggering, and I have cast it on the ground, and the NPC then stepped on it just moments later. It never blew up. Used it.. I think 4 times so far, never had it blow up yet. Makes me think it might not be spawning the "trap" it is meant to create?

sankarul

I should note, the failures to make Glyph of Warding happened in both the Orb quest area (the second part of it, right by the door leading up to the end room) and at the door to the end room of the Bullywug quest. Frog people in 98th.

It cast like normal and what not, just.. nothing happened at the target location!

sankarul

I tried it out today and I saw a graphical effect show up. It didn't show up the last times. However, when something stepped on it, it still did nothing. The graphical effect simply went away, no damage dealt anywhere.

Astegard

I think you need to cast it on the ground.
It shows a big effect.
and then it turn into a tiny shining spot and is ready to be triggered like a trap.

If you cast it directly on someone or they trigger it before its properly set it doesnt trigger.

d1n4l9q7

I've had it work and not work. Recently not working at all. Def a bug

Paha

This has been set to give the effect, but it should go away in 6 seconds. After that remain invisible and still be in effect. It also likely do not do anything to yourself, or friendly NPC's, would need another neutral or hostile pc or creature to make sure it works.

I will have to do bit more testing myself to confirm what's going on with this, as right now it's not apparent in code.

Mushroom Mushroom

This has been bugged since efu 1 and reported multiple times. I think previous coders looked at what was going on and couldn't figure it out. Basically, yo uget the vfx but nothing happens, no damage. It definitely shows something 'triggered' when you walk over it, but again- nothing happens in terms of damage or 'explosion' vfx.