Server Lag

Started by VanillaPudding, February 09, 2012, 03:51:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VanillaPudding

The server has been rather laggy over the past 4-5 days, especially after only 7 or 8 hours of running time, and feels rather similar to how it was in the last setting with the warping / inactive NPCs and extreme issues with only a moderate sized group in one area. Just a heads up in case it is something that can be looked into.

putrid_plum

I actually have noticed this a bit.  Been bunching around when the server isn't even that full.

VanillaPudding

Still a problem, and the past few days have been even worse off.

One_With_Nature

I can confirm this, its been hard to play in honestly.

VanillaPudding

Still a lot worse than it was prior. I noticed all (most?) of the spawns in the game world are now patrolling / wandering their areas, and I recall that when creatures get stuck or patrol too much it can cause a lot of problems. Maybe that is the issue?

One_With_Nature

I have been playing various times over the past few days and all the time i have bene getting random lag spikes, i'm pretty certain it is server side.

Professor Death

Confirming. The lag is what led to my most recent character death. I clicked on the healing and waited and waited and waited as I was hit three more times before the heal took effect and it was too late. At first I thought it was my connection until I ran a speedtest, speed was just fine on my end :(