Chat script error

Started by xXCrystal_Rose, January 05, 2014, 06:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xXCrystal_Rose

I am pretty sure this is happening because I am trying to enter too much text and our description editing system is limited. I even edited it down to the bare essentials hacking out all of the details and pretty descriptions :( Anyway here is the error, and here is what I was trying to do. I did the /tp thing in order to add it all in a single post and get around the hardcoded emote size restrictions.

Script chat_script, OID: ffffffcd, Tag: , ERROR: TOO MANY INSTRUCTIONS

It gave the same error with '/c desc' set as it did with '/c desc app'. Very likely just me writing too much, but bug reported anyway just in case!

[hide= description]  /c desc set This strange woman clearly doesn't seem entirely human. Not anymore. Hard mushroom fibers of sturdy bluecap cover most of her skin. Where mushroom ends and flesh begins is indiscernible, as if it had grown into her. She smells sweet and glimmers with golden spores drifting in her wake like pollen, though the sweetness bristles with thorns. Her head is a mask of plantgrowth and twisting crawling vines which spill out over her shoulders like long strands of hair down to her feet. The crawling, very much alive vines curl over her arms brandishing dangerous thorns, and from the darkness of the vines two bright glowing eyes stare out from where a face once was; a green aura of natural energy radiating from the plant woman. A necklace of a flower surrounded by a ring of thorns hangs at her chest; interpreted as holy symbol of Jannath.  [/hide]

Jayde Moon

Yes, you are writing too much.

To cut it down, try writing to the end of your sentence, but don't add the punctuation.

The when you append the next sentence, start with the punctuation of the last sentence.

Tedious, but then you can have the 'Wall of Text' motif you are going for!

Alternately, you can add line breaks with the new line command entered twice with a space between in one append command.

Paha

#NL# is the enter, aka new line command, if I recall right.

Halfbrood

Isn't it meant to be "/c set desc "

xXCrystal_Rose

/c set desc seems an unrecognizable command :( I'll just have to trim it down. It is 1,250 or something character limit so cutting off spaces at the end of sentences is a good way to help slim it down, like you suggested Jayde! Contractions too. I'm afraid line breaks would count as a character like spaces are.

Jayde Moon

It's "desc set"

It should take that whole description, you just have to add it in chunks.

Quote from: "Example"/c desc set This strange woman clearly doesn't seem entirely human. Not anymore. Hard mushroom fibers of sturdy bluecap cover most of her skin

/c desc app . Where mushroom ends and flesh begins is indiscernible, as if it had grown into her

/c dec app . She smells sweet and glimmers with golden spores drifting in her wake like pollen, though the sweetness bristles with thorns

/c desc app . Her head is a mask of plantgrowth and twisting crawling vines which spill out over her shoulders like long strands of hair down to her feet

/c desc app . The crawling, very much alive vines curl over her arms brandishing dangerous thorns, and from the darkness of the vines two bright glowing eyes stare out from where a face once was

/c desc app ; a green aura of natural energy radiating from the plant woman. A necklace of a flower surrounded by a ring of thorns hangs at her chest; interpreted as holy symbol of Jannath.

I cannot say for certain it will take the command with a punctuation mark as the first character in a given line.  But if not, you should be able to just move the start and end of your lines so they fall between words:

Quote from: "Example"/c desc set This strange woman clearly doesn't seem entirely human. Not anymore. Hard mushroom fibers of sturdy bluecap cover most of h

/c desc app er skin.  Where mushroom ends and flesh begins is indiscernible, as if it had grown in

etc.

xXCrystal_Rose

It's worked great, and while at it I'm going to just write up the guide for description editing since I've been neglecting it and keep having to dig up my old thing relating to it when people ask me for help >.< Your style will be referenced as example, Jayde! It's a good idea that I didn't think of.