Custom Helmet Shop

Started by Poolson, August 17, 2021, 05:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poolson

What?: A store like any of the custom armor vendors, that allows you to make your own helmet.

----

Why?: I think it'd be fun. NWN has a lot of cool helmets but as of right now, we only regularly see about 4 helmets.

=The Great Helm that Velstra uses,

=The pointed helmet that Sunpurse uses,

=The roman crest helmet

=The chain coif.

=Sometimes, rarely, you see the helmet that could have the wings attached.

It'd be great to further accessorize your character's appearance, and add another thing to throw money into.

The existence of this wouldn't take away from the value of these helmets that drop for two key reasons.

1: They'd be cheaper from a player.

2: They'd come with bonus skills and saves, whereas this custom helmet has only one skill or one save.

----

How?:
Just like the armor vendors, you can create a helmet's appearance to your liking. The selection would be just the base NWN helmets, maybe any of the hak helmet if you're feeling generous, with the exception of three helmets:

helm_025 (The big plume helmet belongs to Knights and Glitt boys. They deserve to rock out with the big top plume.)
helm_028 (This helmet is way too cool and everyone would choose it until we were all sick of it.)
helm_034 (The Crown of the Isles is a bit beyond a smith.)

Afterwords, you're charged 100 GP + dyes.

For skills, you have a whole range of bonuses to choose from, charging an additional 250 (for a +1 bonus) to 500 (for a +2 bonus). This excludes Spellcraft and Tumble for obvious reasons.

For saves, you can choose between a +1 bonus to saves vs a certain element for 500 GP, or 1,500 GP for a +1 bonus to either a Will save, Fort save or Reflex save.

You can have one or the other, like Full Plate, but not both.

----

Extra Notes: If there's approval for this idea, but, lacks the able hands to make it, I'm willing to learn how to do it myself and can submit my homework.

Nizzy