Some issues with Rotbringer Zombie Spawning

Started by Flagon, September 24, 2022, 08:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flagon

Hello!

So I've observed that zombies summoned by my GSF: Necro Rotbringer sometimes cost 15, sometimes 30 points. It also seems like some of them vanish on rest as though they were regular summons. Vlaid's theory is that these are actually conjurations, and thus are not benefiting from GSF Necro?

The other thing which is a bit annoying, is the following:

- Rotbringer kills 6 enemies with one spell.
- A lot of zombies are spawned.
- A majority of these zombies cost 30 summoning points.
- It goes over the limit.
- All zombies summoned from that spell are unsummoned.

It makes the perk play like a game of chicken? Trying to not go over with your points, but you don't really have control about them because of the 15/30 thing.

Separate issue: Your own undead minions will not generate Zombies. This seems logical from a gameplay standpoint since your undead are henchmen, but it does put a damper on things. Not sure if intended, either.

Dredi

So the control issue was always a thing with rotbringer unfortunately, killing a lot of things at once, the system is unable to place one before the other, sees them all as being added to the summoning pool at the same time, the summoning pool being pushed over max, then none of them actually get summoned.

My guess at a fix might be to alter the way it works so it adds a delay to the zombies being summoned and then sort of queuing them up when they are summoned in this specific manner, like there is a 1 round delay, the script summons one at the end of each round and every time one dies it checks to see if the script is already running and if so, increase the duration by one round.

Any sort of delay with the initial summoning should do it - this should also deal with the rotbringer zombie issue of them not getting their unique little rotbringer zombie buff (glowing green etc) which happens when more than 1 is summoned at the exact same moment.

On the same thread: in the previous chapter the Rotbringers corpse-less animating also produced (2 of the) rotbringer zombies where, in this chapter, they are just bog standard shamblers

Flagon

Can confirm that regular spawns are just standard shamblers.