Remove Gladiator announcements from the EfU Discord

Started by CB, July 09, 2020, 11:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CB

The suggestion is to remove the ambient messages that Gladiators generate from appearing in the Discord while still keeping them in game.  If that is possible.

I suggest this because I've noticed twice now, and another person i know has seen it at least once, in the last 3 days that once a sending for a Gladiator goes out, people have logged in in the arena area, seen a gladiator has been "taken" and immediately log back out.  It's starting to remind me of MMO "spawn camping", where yo just wait in a spot and wait for a certain spawn to appear.  While fine to do in game, it feels a bit off that people can just hang around Discord, see a gladiator announcement, hop on, fight and immediately log back off.   

Red Moon

I sort of agree. Though at the same time, I've known pcs who have basically logged in everyday looking for specific gladiators in order to complete their deck. So if you're down to a few gladiators left, it might be helpful for those messages to remain.

CB

Quote from: Duna on July 09, 2020, 11:34:36 PM
I sort of agree. Though at the same time, I've known pcs who have basically logged in everyday looking for specific gladiators in order to complete their deck. So if you're down to a few gladiators left, it might be helpful for those messages to remain.

If possible, my suggestion was that those message still remain in game.

Drink With Me

As someone who's working on the cards as well. I can somewhat get behind this idea too.  It would reward someone who's down their rping or at least online an in the area waiting, like say upstairs. Only to head downstairs and see someone has logged on and 'sniped' the gladiator.

Though to play both sides of the coin. I'd also argue that if collecting the cards is the main goal then ICly.  Then you're probably down there all the time and I imagine there's be ways to handle 'who' gets to challenge the gladiator.  I mean if you have your own deck of cards for instance, challenge each other for the right!

But yes. Messages somehow out of Discord might be tough to actually do and keep them in game but an idea I'd get behind.
If you're evil, and you're on the rise
You can count on the four of us taking you down
'Cause we're good and evil never beats us
We'll win the fight and then go out for pizzas.  - Steven Universe

SamB123

I fourth this.

Now, presumably, the code between the Discord bot and the game looks for the "Ambient Messages". Those message types also show quests and the like. Don't know how feasible it is to not show them in Discord.