Grimalkin Huntress and Morghoul Shadows stacking traps in Mongrelwoods.

Started by derkot, July 19, 2019, 04:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derkot

This is happening often and I am always can observe this when Grimalkin or Shadows started combat with someone. They starting to set as many traps in single spot as they have. It can go up to four traps which remains between areas resets. It is not uncommon to trigger in one time four strong traps.
It is similar with issue what was in another topic.
https://www.efupw.com/forums/index.php?topic=693480.0

Радостное одиночество.

Paha

Yeah, we are aware. I am looking at the AI when I can but we have been quite busy with building lately and other stuff has overlapped with the opportunities. It'll hopefully change soon.

Paha

I did a bit of editing in AI, if it does not change the amount of times this happens, I'll implement another experiemental change I had not yet time to do.

Paha

I did more drastic addition to the AI to hopefully prevent same creature stacking it's own traps, at the very least. It can still happen that two creatures stack their traps, but that's another case to look at later on.

Scumlord Spiffy

Wouldn't the easiest solution be to just not allow them to spawn with more than one trap?

Paha

Absolutely, but I am attempting to treat the disease, so to say, not just the symptom, so we can keep iterating the AI.

derkot

Another minor issue what I noticed what  grimalkin instantly triggers their own traps  if they move after they set trap.
Радостное одиночество.

Paha

Yes, we are aware. And I've seen how they behave atm. Needs more work.

Paha

After next reset there will again be further changes. Hopefully for the better.