Give to Druids same amount of spellslots as do have Clerics.

Started by derkot, November 06, 2019, 05:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derkot

Small suggestion to buff druids and their constant hunger for spellslots. Though there some nice quests that can easily provide items with few spellslots to druids - still it feels not enough for 2th and 3rd spells.

Default spellslots progression.
[hide]Druids                                                                                                       

Clerics
[/hide]
Suggestion is to give additional spellslot to druids on each level spells. 
Good things: Characters will have more spells what they can use offensively, it will be more possible to use necromancy-school druidic spells as well, not just play barkskin-buffing bot. As well it will make a slightly stronger concept with summonings.  Additional spellslots will as well provide some surviving abilities until character will reach 8th level for all strong wildshapes.

Bad things: Additional spellslot is not something good for balance and in my opinion heavily buffs class but given special role of druids in current settings in EFU, I think druids will not destroy server with more spellslots.
Радостное одиночество.

Pandip

I would normally talk about how druids are one of the strongest and most versatile classes, especially with the wide variety of buffs and changes to wildshape.

But they are functionally FD on sight subraces with no hub, so I don't see the harm in giving them additional oomph with cleric spellslot progression.

derkot

Bumping this suggestion to see if that still can be considered.
As an alternative, if it is possible to do, perhaps additional spellslot can be made for special druid perk/special kit which will disable their ability to wildshape but will grant +1 to all summons like clerics with animal domain have and make summons as spontaneous spells for this perk/kit.
Радостное одиночество.

Electrohydra

As much as my character would love this, I'm not sure it's really needed. I have a pretty bad druid build and it still feels pretty strong,