Tonic / Antitoxin

Started by prestonhunt, September 16, 2008, 12:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prestonhunt

Please make these more findable on merchants.

P

lovethesuit

I am stealing this suggestion for my own purposes.

I would like to suggest specialized tonics/anti-toxins. Currently, these items only remove the disease/poison itself, not the symptoms. What I propose is a way to cure the symptoms separately with different yet similar items, possibly made through herbalism.

Example: Licorice has applications in relieving bronchitis, coughs, and stomach pains. These are symptoms typically emoted when somebody takes Constitution damage from a disease or poison. I propose a licorice-based tonic (or something like that) that solely affects the symptom of Constitution damage.

That sort of thing.

Hammerfist0

Even better, different tonics for different sicknesses, and add diagnose.

Make people actually notice if they have Grave Rot or Tropic Fever.

Jasede

Please don't, that sounds way too realistic to still be fun, kinda like adding a sleep and food system. When I'm on a quest I don't really want to worry about having brought the Grave Rot and the Tropic Fewer cure; I'd like to focus on the atmosphere, the RP and the killing of stuff to increase my numbers.

Letsplayforfun

If the purpose of this thread is to have merchant selling tonics, they do so already. You've just got to find it. For tonics i don't remember.