Make Reptilian Domain useful, plz.

Started by prestonhunt, November 03, 2008, 06:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prestonhunt

Reptilian Domain makes no sense
Magic Fang as a domain spell?  wtf?
Greater Magic Fang?
You need Animal Companions for either of those to be remotely useful.  Last I checked, Priests dont get those.

AKMatt

Magic Fang and Greater Magic Fang, when used by clerics with the Reptilian domain, will affect summoned creatures.

If that affects all your summons at once, that makes it seem decent.  Also, if reptiles that have been commanded with Turn Undead count, it gains a slight amount of power.

Nihm

some clerics do get a version of animal companion, death and Darkness for instance, which would make magic fang a very good spell.

lovethesuit

Magic Fang works on summoned creatures dude, yeah.

MisterPAIN

The possibility of a small swarm of summoned critters all with magic weapon or GMW to negate /+1 damage resistances seems like a good domain to pick if it means also turning lizards.

SpareChange

Can you turn kobolds?

Thomas_Not_very_wise

The Plot Thickens into a debate whether it is a good idea to create an army of turned Kobolds.

Relinquish

The reptile control function only works on animal type reptiles, no reptilian humanoids.

prestonhunt

If Magic Fang has been changed so that it affects Summoned Lizards (which I assume would require a special summoning theme), as well as turned/dominated reptiles, then I would suggest that this suggestion then be changed to:

"Please update the mechanics changes page on the website so that it lists the changes to (Greater) Magic Fang."

Because I checked, that information aint there, smarmy bastards.

P

Vlaid

Having domain spells that are only useful if you make a summoner priest seems silly to me. The domain spells should be useful to any priest of the faith. Why should you be pigeonholed into being a summoner to even USE your domain spells?

putrid_plum

All clerics have the ability to summon and you can always pick another domain.

SpareChange

Man, turning kobolds would be cool. I mean, imagine them, running (or bowing) in fear of a god of lizardkind of some sort.

You'd have a little kobold army. That would be cool to see.

MisterPAIN

Should turn Kobold PCs as well imo, that should be fun.

Hammerfist0

And- and- I want it to turn Lizardmen! And Dwagins!!!

Mommy, please?

Seriously, Plz no turning of common races. >_>

SpareChange

Dragons are (generally) incredibly intelligent, powerful magical creatures.

Kobolds, on the other hand, aren't. They are sentient, though, so that throws a kink in the mix.