Transporation and costs

Started by Coldburn, January 24, 2011, 04:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coldburn

Give the Masked Rafter and the Boatsman from Gull's Rock to Old Port prices attached to destinations. Also, let them have another dialogue tree "Are you sure y/n" to prevent accidental missclicks. I've had poor luck with this several times, and huge costs come at me as a surprise.

Egon the Monkey

Apparently the prices bugged and were so removed, but that could be fixed by putting an OOC price list in the description for each instance of the rafter, or an IC sign saying "Raft Prices" at each point, with a list. The confirm would be good though.

SilentSouth

I know this is off topic, but if there is going to be a confirmation added, there may aswell be one added to the perk system also.

Howlando

EfU is a free service, and sometimes you guys will have to deal with stuff not being perfect.

Our voyage system is complicated and involves dynamic prices, with time - and for unknown reasons - revealing the prices in the dialogue, as it used to, broke the whole system. Despite J spending many, many hours trying to debug, the solution ended up being to just remove the prices in the dialogue.

A sign wouldn't be perfect since the prices vary by port, unless someone wants to go through and find out the prices for all the destinations from every port...

Mort

I tried a temporary fix... We'll see if it works.

BRESTON

From old port to the inner peir and vice versa cost 190, between gull rock and old port and vice versa is 140, if that helps. (im willing to scout out all the prices if need be)