Fewer "plot" items please

Started by CunningPlan, February 20, 2009, 05:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CunningPlan

I've been trying to set up a player faction, but any attempt at getting my members to have a form of uniform has been rather stymied by the large number of items marked "plot" and therefore undyable. Now, I can understand it for items with colours innately tied to the item somehow, but not for Scavenger Goggles, the Gnolls halfplate etc.

As it is, you can customise lower level, weaker drops and basic equipment more easily than a lot of more powerful stuff. I'd think it should be that new characters have fewer opportunities to personalise their gear, and then the higher quality equipment gives more options for your PC or group to stand out as they become established.

EDIT: On a related note, could we get more dyes, especially metal ones? Surely Blazon's should be open now.

Disco

IMO the price for costumized armour should be lowered by alot. I think seeing people run about all in the same armour is borring.

Semli

ScottyB

The Stolen flag should be used far more often than the Plot flag, I agree. (And I also blame all these new DMs.)

I can has fun?

While we're at it, could we get clothing and armor stylists updated to 1.69 standards? All of these things are of a piece.

Mort

No. Plot items are usually this way because we dont want people dyeing a "macabre GREEN cloak" white, for instance (which I saw plenty of people doing despite the name limitation), so certain items that we did not wished dyed cannot be dyed.

As for faction equipment, you will be able to use custom-fitted vendors to design your suit and name it as "faction x's standard gear", allowing you to have a standard suit for your members.

I'm also thinking of allowing of customization to custom-fitted armor as if buying minor armor characteristics such as "+1 discipline, +2 discipline, +1 persuade, +1 fortitude save, etc..." for a hefty prize on custom-fitted armor, so you could have your custom faction gear be a bit customized and enchanted slightly.

As for 1.69 things being available, such as tabards and coats. It's a bit more complicated to implement since we have to put certain restriction to prevent people from making 8ac robes or trench-coat, etc. and so it requires some extensive modification of the current scripts and is therefore low priority on my list, anyway.

The former points will be available soon. The latter, no ETA.