Low Level Slave/Gladiator Arena

Started by Dash, September 15, 2009, 03:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomBanana

I'll be up for that too. If it is happening, count me  in.

Luke Danger

I like it. Send me the details, and I'll see what I'll roll up.

Need some PvP practice anyhoo with DEATH on the line

Skrillix

Metro's thing was crazy fun, and I'd certainly want to roll up an alt for this if it takes off!

General-shadow

I like it this guy has support for his thing but no comments if its happeing or not guess he must be putting some thought into it or something.

9lives

I imagine this will be pretty removed from the general PvP experience. (I presume) This is going to be low level, with little to no supplies.

You should do this with a DM(NOT ME LOL), Dash!

That way you can make sure people haven't been levelling up their gladiators outside of the actual bouts.

Ommadawn

Chill, General.  :)

The original post was only yesterday! I'm sure things will happen with this level of interest. I only wish I'd be able to participate, but with time zone issues I doubt it will happen. Even so, great idea!

Dash

Okay, with this level interest, I definitely think this should be done. Any DMs who would be interested in helping me do this, please catch me in IRC or PM me. We can work out the IC and OOC of setting this up. I'm excited and I think this could be a lot of fun for everyone involved.

Drakill Tannan

Quote from: General-shadow;145092ph come on am sure you know how to win pvp things man

Drink Haste/Blur/shield/bull's/cat's/endurance/divine favour potions?

---

I also would like to participate, if you want to buy my character as a slave though, you'll be disaponted because i'm only there for the fights, not intrested in RPing it afterwards.

The Crimson Magician

Dash

Quote from: Drakill Tannan;145167Drink Haste/Blur/shield/bull's/cat's/endurance/divine favour potions?

No potions.

Cerberus

Hmm... Just a thought... Maybe a new spawn point could be set at the game entry (where you pick your deity and all that) that is called; "if you are a slave". Perhaps this could dump the PC into a place that is nothing but a barrecks type setting (no transistion points!)with some NPC guards and a couple basic slave type scenarios for the slave PC's to do.

1) Gladitorial arena [1-3 characters, levels 2 -5]: Fight a random monster/s
2) Freedom fight [1 PC, level 5-6]: Set opponent, if you win, you can port to someplace in the Zig. (perma death or freedom)/(needs a DM to play)
3) Get purchased by a PC... (whatever)

Could be fun too if multipul players could be IG in the slave pen at the same time and they could plan escapes or whatever...

Cerberus

Sorry for the double post...

Maybe a slave/gladiator faction forum and DM special events where PC's from the Zig, that are not slaves, can watch the slave/gladitor's fight in a pit. The DM could actually have the slaves fight eachother and award some basic armor or weapon (rusted shortsword, leather armor, etc.) awards in these special events and the PC spectator's could do the thumbs up or down thing to determine life or perma death of the slaves etc... Some slave/gladiators could get famous this way.

All this would
A) Be actually boring like that of a real slave.
B) Life and (perma) death is not always up to the player of a slave to control.

It could also be a cool way to app in races like orc and gnoll too. I could see them being slaves and even having racial side plots against other slaves.

Luke Danger

Got an idea of what I want to play for this, so when you got it ready, shoot me the details. Even if I go KIA in round 1, sounds like fun :)

General-shadow

could a play werewolfe in this but like a tame one?

Dash

So now that Old Port is opened up again, whats the possibillity of a DM hopping on board with this? Any of you guys interested in helping out?