The Death of Jeffrey Blake

Started by Eddie Walker, May 06, 2012, 11:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Walker

As title above...

Would of put this in the screenshots forum but I rather lack screenshots due to the fact they always come out black for me (and nwn's screenshots just plain don't work)

So here it is....

Originally conceived because I'd never played a cleric prior to that for more then three day's and wanting to create something I'd be able to play regularly.

His two most important goals on Ymph were to find a fellow priest of Torm to teach him how a Tormite should truly actand to find somebody worthy to swear to serve under.

The first such person came across he believed right to serve under was

Roxxane Vesper - At the time, she appeared to be the only person he'd found who seemed to embody what he really needed in a leader.  She was Brave, Strong, Loyal, fought for what was right and above all else, as foolish and stubborn as he could be, even though he was far quieter.  After her death he was in a bit of a rut for quite a bit of time, if I recall correctly it was Tobias that ended up snapping him out of it.

The second person he was thinking of taking as a Master turned out to be Imal Sied, but he decided against it fearing that the Battle Chaplin would attempt to convert him to Tempus.

The Third was Lucien Tezzerus,  Jeffrey was almost at the point where he was going to swear his loyality to him, however then the day of his rather horrid dual on the bridge happened where he had a friend under invisibility healing him and he struck at Plowman for attempting to keep the dual somewhat honourable.  That quickly changed Jeffrey's views on Lucien, more so then him joining the Conclave shortly after.

The only person he ended up swearing his loyalty to was that of somebody he started off loathing beyond anybody else he'd met.   Kay-fah of the wolf, she was nothing like what he was looking for, she was however loyal, brave and willing to do anything she thought was right even if it put her at odds with allies and friends, he ended up coming to see her more as a little sister then anything else, alas she died while I was attempting to get use to my new job.

There are to many people to thank really for making him as enjoyable as he was so I'm just going to stick with a few, sorry guys/gals.

Cheers to the DM team and the players of the following, Kay-Fah, The Fury, Roxanne/Miko, Lucien, -The Wyrm Watchers that served with Imal-.... ok and anybody else I ended up playing along side.

He ended up dying in the end up dying to two Stargazers after turning his friendship token over to them and being called a murderer.  He also held his loyalty to Kay-fah a little to high and wasn't willing to even attempt to strike the Stargazers down, even after saying that he'd only aid that of the Wolf and Eagle Tribes from then onwards.

So Cheers everybody, I like to think of him as not being to bad for one of my early characters on the server and having absolutely no idea what I was doing as a cleric 80% of the time.

Eddie.

Pigadig

Aww, that's a shame. Jeffrey was a lot of fun to interact with on Vest.

Blazing Blade

I loved Jeffrey. It'll be a darker place without his light.
I always thought him a good example of a very human cleric.
He'll certainly be missed!
Best of luck with your next one, Eddie.

Porkolt

Excellent character, goodman.

Voluminous Cloak

One less heretic to convert. :(

Pool

Jorgah tried to save him. :C

God speed.

Disco

Never interacted with him, but I found his pack so it is all good ;)

Valo56

Excellent work, he was a good character.