Prelate Argent

Started by zerotje, May 02, 2024, 10:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zerotje

Dear Dragon,

the trial I faced that's saw me exiled and my forearm chopped off by what can only be considered a demon sword- was a complete bogus. A fraud! It was not based on evidence in the slightest. It was a popularity contest as all things in Ephia's Well. This person knows that person. This one sleeps with that one. You know full well how it goes.

In any case, clearly, I have no career left in the Above-Well as I now call it. But, well, a man of your boundless ambition that eclipses EVEN mine... Surely has some use for someone or perhaps someones! (Okay: Someones. I have people here) that have little to lose.

Send some coin, some goods, some words, some promises. Give give give.

And then we shall stab, stab, stab.

Or whatever else! Really!

Mind you, I am not desperate, I am making sales in the Creep already.
Coin comes on it's own!

Nathaniel Blackvale
The Herald of Justice in the Creep

zerotje

Dear Argent, Dear Dragon, Dear Prelate,

I am certain my letter found it's way, but in case it did not, I am hereby resending it.
Surely you don't want to ignore such an offer? The Creep's filled with folk that dislike everyone else.

It's best their anger is directed and focussed some way preferable to our socieities!
And you are *the* man to arrange that best.
-

Dear Dragon,

the trial I faced that's saw me exiled and my forearm chopped off by what can only be considered a demon sword- was a complete bogus. A fraud! It was not based on evidence in the slightest. It was a popularity contest as all things in Ephia's Well. This person knows that person. This one sleeps with that one. You know full well how it goes.

In any case, clearly, I have no career left in the Above-Well as I now call it. But, well, a man of your boundless ambition that eclipses EVEN mine... Surely has some use for someone or perhaps someones! (Okay: Someones. I have people here) that have little to lose.

Send some coin, some goods, some words, some promises. Give give give.

And then we shall stab, stab, stab.

Or whatever else! Really!

Mind you, I am not desperate, I am making sales in the Creep already.
Coin comes on it's own!

Nathaniel Blackvale
The Herald of Justice in the Creep

big metal rod

BLACKVALE,

IS IT TRUE THAT FAT WORTHLESS TICK OF A SERGEANT TOOK YOUR ARM OFF?

-DRAGON
DICTATED, UNREAD

zerotje

Dragon,

Who is reading your private letters!?

Yes, it is so.
But a Tick can only last so long.

What of it, Argent?! I have new allies, new powers and new coin.
Do you want to work or not?

BLACKVALE

big metal rod

BLACKVALE,

NO ONE WHO LIVES POST DICTATION.  WE'LL TALK.

-DRAGON,
DICTATED, UNREAD

zerotje

Dragon,

hello Prince-Killer. Join the ranks of the murderers of murderers.
Me, guilty to attempt to subdue Recluta Skatterhawk as she is actively murdering.

You... You will be guilty of killing the Prince.

What will you do about it? Call upon useless allies, sworn to oaths? Boffin?

Pay. Me.

I can clean everything you want.

Blackvale

zerotje

Dragon,

Your ambition is to be commended, it almost seems divine! Perhaps proof that it rightfully the domain of dragons, wyverns and wyrms. I believe your desires have trickled down to me and I will have you know that they will be fulfilled. I write to you now because I had a spontaneous idea. Recently, I have come in possession of some more trustworthy employees and I aim to set them to work. It seems that promising the foreign states Water Barrels has been politically awkward, so why not... SMUGGLE? That way you can cut any kind of Water-Deal with any kind of Foreign state! Perhaps then you could also ask something in return from Kha'Esh for example, that is also politically awkward... Slaves? Blood-Rubies? Who knows what you can demand from them. Of course you can't have slaves be slaves inside Ephia's Well or something like that, but you throw some Banda Rossa colors on them and have them chase off some Iakmes orcs or catch the first one, two, three volleys of arrows to have the *actually* useful Banda Rossans survive until weapons clash. Maybe their leadership will purchase them off of you. Alternatively, I wouldn't mind purchasing your very cheapest slaves. The most useless ones. Not in bulk.

As you can hear, I am filled with good ideas and would like nothing more than to work together and create opportunities. Let me hear what the Creep can do!

PS: Don't trust Talis until he has proven himself, he is whispering into everyone's ears and has yet to pick his course. If you are not his course, all you will have told him, is in enemy hands.

With adoration,

NATHANIEL BLACKVALE

big metal rod

BLACKVALE,

USEFUL INFORMATION AND GOOD IDEAS.  YOU CONTINUE TO PROVE YOUR EFFICACY WITH EVERY NEW LETTER.  YOUR PROPOSALS INTRIGUE ME GREATLY.  MY PEOPLE WILL BE IN TOUCH.

DO YOU SEE OSRIC OFTEN?

-DRAGON,
DICTATED, UNREAD

zerotje

Dragon,

Osric is my neighbor. Yes.

What do you need?

BLACKVALE

big metal rod

BLACKVALE,

CONVEY MY RESPECT.  HE SERVED HIS MASTER WELL; ALAS, HE DID NOT SEE THE WRITING ON THE WALL QUICKLY ENOUGH.  ARJUNA MADE MURDERERS AND CONVICTS OF US ALL. 

SINCE WE ARE ALREADY HERE...

-DRAGON
DICTATED, UNREAD

zerotje

Dragon,

I will convey such. I do not think he respects you the same way. Simultaneously, he has no desire to kill me or you or anyone else he feels hasn't sticked it out with Arjuna Namahedu.

Just be wary, don't create too many connections with troublesome figures. Men like Osric have no subtlety in their veins, and he'll make similar mistakes in the future.

Allow me to be your conduit in Creep dealings and let's keep it publicly hidden.

This is to your benefit.

BLACKVALE

zerotje

Dragon,

would you like to overthrow a foreign government?

Blackvale