Gausim's Purple Platform

Started by Random_White_Guy, February 04, 2024, 03:26:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random_White_Guy

My Purple Platform
Gausim al-Marain

As it was raised, Iyar 4th, by the Senior Scribe Bashir Khatar, comes call.

QuoteBashir Khatara
'Hello, Ephians... In a few days' time, two months shall have passed since the previous election for the First Seat... And, as such, this means a new election will soon be upon us... Our three Leagues would do well to meet, and discuss their prospective candidates for the coming election... Thank you...'

And so I raise to you, fair readers and peoples of Ephia's Well and more importantly, those of the Accord, those of the Purple League, a platform to consider. That when the time comes for Primary it may be the future we speak of and not the present.

Many have come to know the tenets, but for the newcomer, a transcription:

Of the first tenet, I raise the following consideration:

First Tenet
We see now in our gaze plain the failing of Two Legates of the same League. I would petition amendment. That from Baz'eel, to sit as representative in the Sultan's Presence, a Satrap dispatched.  Many have told tales of the "Deadlock" betwixt Marcellus and Qari, betwixt Domnhall and Marcellus, and now the litany of mistrust among the Lily Pyramid.

One who may break ties in deadlock, one who may lend official voice to action, one that may see ceremony and decorum maintained at Assembly rather than the rambunctious voice. If this is to be his first Outpost, in his renewed Great Empire, it must be weighed and measured with the gravity of such.

Where as the Chief Scribe sits attending her many dutiful officials and scribes, where the Legates sit attending the Accord and Voiced, let come forth a Satrap to sit as symbol and reminder of the Sultan's presence. That all who hold papers of citizenship comport themselves as such. And that good progress brought to Assembly ensuring each one - comes a positive change.
[close]

Of the second tenet, I raise the following consideration:

Second Tenet
Great lengths have been taken to see those who flee the laweless wastes given means to come forward, and that the protection of our Sovereign has been given. The Refugee District project underway, protection efforts to ensure the Underdepths warded, and more are solid first steps taken. Assimilation though comes not from merely dwelling in a place - but in embracing it. Seeking to grow. To lay down roots.

I would propose, to bolster our Accorded Protectors, each of whom have sworn to the Sultan - An alternative path to voice. That service is granted to the Accord Signatories anew but in differing form-

That Recluta, Janissary, Nadiri, Student of the Balladeers, or Scribe of the Sublime Garden may serve a time in which their Officers approve them for citizenship - on the condition they depart the organization. To serve the Accord is not a life sentence and already do many depart for one reason or another ignobly.

Let us allow those who are willing to forgo dinar, who focus on purpose, a clear path forward with dignity and acclaim. Those who have served their time, been trained in this City's ways, and have paid a debt in other means granted the honors and rights of Citizenship.

Rather than the Voiced sponsoring - Return such a power to the Accord and Garden. That a Balestriere, Sergeant, Nadiri, or Senior Scribe may lend nomination for due and worthy service.

If they wish to forgo such they may seek to become an Officer. Or they may depart with honors to find their place among Ephian society with a firm and solid stamp from one of the Accord - That they trust this individual enough to vouch them for Voice.
[close]

Of the third tenet, I raise the following consideration:

Third Tenet
We have heard the tales. Woes, worries, strife. Qa'immi infringement capitalizing upon Red Hill. The workings of Diakos far south, the marches upon the Orc'ah, the threats manifold from each and all direction.

So too though is heard the failings of diplomacy. Marcellus' blunder with Il Modo, the rumors already begin to spread of Alkab's visit. And let us not forget above all-

Banafsi.

Our fair partner in trade, our fair men and women who have once been so proudly our ally in triangle trade with Frost Port.

To this I say - We must bring Liberation. We must free them from Qa'immish influence, and their violent insurrection. They too have seen refugees our way. And it is our place, and purpose, nay - duty. To free such. To see them forward from the throws of such abominable fate.

We must tame the wayward sons and daughters who live beyond our ways - but what greater showing is there than noblesse oblige?

Free Banafsi. Renewed Trade. Showing to our allies that they who stood with the Sultanate may still hold his favor, and his protection. We cannot, we must not, forget of their aid and trade in the past - for their diplomat yet remains in our Pyramid.
[close]

And, finally, upon the Fourth Tenet

Fourth Tenet
We have seen the breadth of our compassion in governing the Voiceless. Sephidra's many pushes to aid the Poor, Marcellus' many efforts to spread education - even the events of Red Hill to see the amount of Voiceless brought forth to Ephia's Well in full.

But to the Purple League I say -

There has been a failing to govern them with Strength. They sit defenseless in camps beyond the Walls while merely the "Idea" of charity drives men and women of the Rose and more to raise such robust sums of dinar.  In speaking with Magistrate Sephidra she informed me there has not "Been a Trial in Weeks". Weeks. Crime has ceased? Outlaws curtailed? No. Disharmony between the Government and the Accord has lead to distrust and misuse.

The Brooker has not ceased, they only know if they favor subtlety they may thrive.
The House of Baharu has not curtailed, they only know if they are canny they may thrive.
The Nameless Spoke has not eaten its own tail and vanished, they only know if they are discreet they may thrive.

There has been a robust push by the Past Legates to see the trade of Mercenary improved. I say it is the trade of Accord that must be improved.

New efforts to see the ranks of the Misfortune bolstered with more Investigative mien. The halcyon days of Lieutenant Rennik Colmes and others who would see robust investigation undertaking, arrest made, and men and women brought to justice.

New efforts to see the ranks of The Q'tolipans bolstered with more Abjurative mien. Not within Ephia's Well as some have advocated in the past- but new Legal powers beyond our walls. A force in which their Apothar and Nadiri, along with student, may serve as a Sword in parallel to their Shade. Not to drop Meteor upon Battlefield but with surgical removal of the Cancerous growths that are Brooker, Necromancer, Wyrmist, and more. Where have gone the Q'tolipans who so brazenly sealed Djinn away on cursed island?

New efforts to see the ranks of the Cinquefoil bolstered with more targeted contract and mission. Not with the distrust fermented in the past but with a path forward. None can deny in any single capacity that the marches upon the Orcs have proven a success. They have captured the imagination of the lowest to the highest in Ephian government. Prelates march forth aside pauper with vigor. For they prove they are first above all other company in La Banda, they prove they are to be first to seize the cup in the Balladeers, and none have raised more charity than the Sister.

Where as the Janissary grow into a firmer force of protection and investigation within our walls,
Where as the Astronomer grow into a firmer force of proactive magical pursuit beyond our walls,
Where as the Cinquefoil grow into a firmer force of inspiring pursuit of the pied piping of the Mercenary caste upon our Foes.
[close]

In these interpretation of the four tenets, so true to the Purple's oath and core.

I believe firm we may see resurgence. A Reminder that B'aara's favor flows in Ephia not only in the flowing and endless waters of the Well but so too the trust of our Sultan and Ruler.

That we are not Legates of quarreling children, that we are not crass nor selfish, that we take serious the sacred trust placed upon us by the Wheel and the Sultan alike.

That the Sultanate grows, and Ephia may rise a beacon.

That those who come here may find a future.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips