Legate Akna

Started by Random_White_Guy, February 18, 2024, 05:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random_White_Guy

Legate Akna

While the Chief Scribe makes arrangements, I wished to send you some initial considerations and thoughts on matters for efforts moving forward.

On Prelates
While the Duty of Prelate is one that sits primarily undefined and nebulous a great deal of effort it seems has been put into keeping them involved in affairs, in matters of State, and more that they may be prepared to immediately step in should tragedy occur or the ill of portent transpire.

I have seen often both Alejandro and Khalid in the wake of the Legates, and though I know you yourself felt of the role in a way, I believe it is a boon to the Legate to see such expanded.

To that end I propose to assist and encourage such, eschewing standard work but instead focusing on government affairs - the Wage of Prelate be raised to 4 dinar.
[close]

On Magistrates
I would encourage you to see a second raised sooner than later, but I would suggest we see their duties expanded. At the last assembly of his term Domnhall spoke on my civil reforms allowing Magistrates to sit in matters of up to 2,000 dinar in mediation between the Voiced. I do not know how much Cassella or He shared with you on such but I can send you my notes on such in the coming days if you wish to learn more.

However absent such given the risk of exposure to criminal elements, possible threats, and more, I would propose a raise of Wage to 3 Dinar.
[close]

On Vizier
I know you had said you had your reservations on Qari, and I am glad to hear them, but in the interim I would share my following thoughts:

Firstly, as one of Baz'eel he is well versed in the acumen of trade and more in regards to local custom of the Great Ash. As a former Legate he is also not unfamiliar with the means and methods of creating boons from little more than opportunity. A wealth of experience that may be worth considering

Though indeed, let us speak more I understand the reservations are quite real.
[close]

Small reflections on my first day, as matters kept us from meeting.

We may speak of any of these in person at your leisure, or if you agree on the first two simply send me written word and we can see the, adjusted upon the Stele.

Honored Waterbearer Gausim al-Marain
Of The Great Temple of Baz'eel
Legate of the First Seat
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips