A Transcript reported to Legates Gausim al-Marain & Akna Ymir [PC]

Started by Hierophant, February 23, 2024, 03:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hierophant

Quote from: Karp on February 20, 2024, 01:02:45 AMSergeants:

I've just met a woman by the name of Halana Marioni. Her tale is a sad as they come.

Her husband served alongside the Fourth during the battle of Red Hill. He died there.

Then her daughter caught the red malaise, and died horribly.

The woman stood near the Pyramid gate with her kid, Harry, and gathered signatures so that we may prosecute the Apothar.

Good thing to note is that she seemed to have spoken to Magistrate Sephidra and Torchbearer Captain Naelin (Today is her birthday). After this meeting, she seems to have been invigorated to proceed with this.

I signed her paper, and gave her a 100 dinari for some food and a bed.

Why was Apothar Mae never prosecuted? She doesn't think Legate Marcellus is guilty of this, even if he took responsibility of Stern's actions. But--

Speaking from the heart...I feel it's wrong to abandon a widow and her remaining kid. We are men of the Fourth and have each other's backs. In life and death.

Awaiting orders,

Soldier Ashworth.

I send my humble greetings, honorable Legates Gausim al-Marain & Akna Ymir,

Attached is a recent report of concern. All agree that the actions of Apothar Mae Stern during the Battle of Red Hill was not only necessary, but perhaps the only recourse we had available. The alternative may well have been slavery again beneath the heel of Sibilant insurrection against our sublime Sultan Osman.

However, as I wear Agaslakku's words upon my chest, the Protector bids of us weep alongside the widows, tend to them. The Fourth shall take on this burden, however against all repercussion, I am requesting the Legates too take upon a burden of this responsibility.

For that is what this is; embracing new ideas and new ways of governance to keep the peace, to keep the Sultan's peace. Would it not be possible to pressure the Astronomers, to pressure Apothar Mae Stern into a public apology addressed to the whole city? To make some amends beyond, 'We saved you, so be grateful; else we shall peel the Shade back and you shall suffer.' Then we bow our heads, and we nod.

Is this how our city shall be governed? This Ephia's Well I have come to serve as Janissary? No, it cannot. I pray it shall not, and that your rise - particularly you, Honored Water-Bearer - will take this chance to show the world the leader you are.

Your humble servant & Soldier in Sorazin Bey's Fourth Legion of the Sultan's Janissary,
Diocletes Diadys
How long, Catiline, will you continue to abuse our patience?

Random_White_Guy

Janissary Diocletes,

There is nothing wrong with compassion. Samton was indeed moved by the woman's speech, signed her petition, gifted her dinar, and more. Now that he is Sergeant I have no doubt he will endeavor to follow through on his word.

Your request is one I shall weigh, but I would also encourage you to take pause. You've asked for a request, and insulted me, in the same sentence. That is a very unorthodox tactic in one seeking to get something.

That we of the seat of Legate, purposely influence and infringe "Pressure" upon one of the Accord Signatories, for a public apology for an event that occurred months ago and now would only be seen as some vague cynical gesture of softening the image of the Astronomers.

I ask you take this teachable moment to weigh what your duty entails, and what exactly you are asking. You, a Janissary of the Sultan's forth, who has many patrols to attend and many duties to consider. Taking the time away from such duties to write a letter, containing a privately kept file of your Garrison. To stoke internal conflict with the Accord. To the Rulers of this Settlement who have been named by the Sultan to keep peace between the Accord signatories..

I shall overlook the breach and not report your misstep in sending the file to us, to your superiors.

For that is the kind of leader I am, first and foremost.

A teacher.

Honored Water Bearer Gausim al-Marain
Of The Great Temple of Baz'eel
Legate of the First Seat
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Hierophant

Legate Gausim al-Marain,

I take my duty very seriously. For that, I give apology and ask your forgiveness in what has been perceived as insult. I confess to my letter's lack of clarity and direction, and what I truly ask.

The fact of the matter is thus. There are growing threats within and outside this Ephia's Well, and if I am sending you letter, you must believe me when I stride to claim that I am doing so for the welfare of this fair satrapy.

While it is true that this is the responsibility of the Astronomers to fix their public image, and not we of the Fourth Legion nor you, the Legates that have more of concern upon their plate; it is a threat nonetheless that I had hope you would offer insight upon, rather than shame me in writing.

It is insult, indeed, that you would think I send this transcript without informing my superiors. That I would skirt behind closed curtains and perform skullduggery, against my orders, and that I dawdle with pen while other duties should take me. My father taught me the pen is as mighty as the sword. Please meet with me soon, and I will explain in greater detail than what ink can provide.

Live and Drink, honorable Water Bearer of the Great Temple of Baz'eel,
Legate of the First Seat.

Signed,
Soldier Diadys
How long, Catiline, will you continue to abuse our patience?

Random_White_Guy

Soldier Diadys,

An appointment I welcome,

And indeed, my apologies as we both it seem have let come through by ink what should be shared in person.

A great many of the Legion in the past have taken to unorthodox actions in an end-around endeavor to hoping Politics may countermand their Superiors orders. It is heartening to learn this not the case. A gift I shall prepare for your arrival, and ask your forgiveness.

Honored Waterbearer Gausim al-Marain
Of The Great Temple of Baz'eel
Legate of the First Seat
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips