[Condottieri of the Banda Rossa] (DM)

Started by Pandip, September 16, 2023, 02:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pandip

Condottiero,

Your Balestriere and I had an understanding about what was to be done with Nifkil's pack and why it was relevant to pursue this bounty not just for the dinar but for the political leverage it would afford us.

Imagine my surprise when the entirety of the pack was handed over to the Fourth Legion in exchange for coin. Coin which, I should be plain, was eventually taken directly from the state and stricken from our next allotment.

Surely the Banda Rossa has more foresight than to gnaw on the Janissary's boot for a few paltry dinar, no? If this is the way you expect your men to cooperate with the Cinquefoil Rose, the Balladeers and Sisters will need to reconsider whether your men are worth involving in sensitive matters without explicit contracts.

I would like an explanation.

  -- Aubrey Domergue
              

SeerofLight

Aubrey,

In your drug addled state, it seems you've finally found the wherewithal to begin complaining above your station. If you were the Lyrist, I may have taken this with a grain of salt. However, you are not. And this letter is a courtesy you already do not deserve.

The Banda Rossa work for coin, Balladeer. That means that we perform a task, and we are paid for it. We are not going to start petty squabbles nor wars with the Misfortune so long as the Grandmaster wishes us to maintain our position in Ephia's Well, and not be evicted to die in the Ash Wastes.

It is the Cinquefoil Rose that demands the attention of the Capitana's Banda Rossa, and not the other way around. You are free to provide our soldiers hazard pay for things you wish them to undertake, if they see fit to do so. You will not provide orders to our soldiers otherwise, and you will not insult la Capitana.

When you do not utilize our might, do not be surprised when the Banda Rossa begins accepting work offers beyond the Krak des Roses. If one of your Balladeers had come to offer us the prerequisite 7,500 dinar to maintain the pack, perhaps things would have gone differently.

In regards to your threat alongside the Sisterhood, when we wish their thoughts, we shall ask the Sisterhood. When we wish the opinions of the College of Balladeers, we will then also ask the Sisterhood.

Condottiero Louis d'Armagnac