[Lieutenant Skarn]

Started by Pandip, November 07, 2023, 01:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pandip

Lieutenant,

I know you are not my most ardent admirer, but I hope it is the case that we respect each other enough to mutually acknowledge that of the many seditious threats to Ephia's Well, my propensity for wine is not one of them.

Janissary Lawcleaver has attempted thievery and committed assault against my person whilst revisiting the matter of the Drink as a narcotic - a matter which has been relitigated publicly by the legates twice in as many weeks. It is not a narcotic. He has been told this multiple times by people of greater authority than himself. Nonetheless, he attacked me and tried to take from me my beverages as "evidence" for a supposedly minor crime that does not exist.

Were he any other individual, it would be an easy matter to attest to this and take him to the Halls of Jurisprudence. But he is a Janissary and it appears that none among your rank find his attack upon me so egregious.

I am not so foolish as to think I shall receive due recompense or justice for the matter, but I do wonder whether the Janissary are so above the law that it is your belief that they should wantonly assault Voiced citizens of the Well.

Would that the Fourth Legion help me undermine and capture the Qa'immi infiltrator that has been working with the Accord and one of our Legates rather than concerning itself with my drinking habits.

Kindly yours,

  -- Aubrey Domergue