Yog the Tool

Started by Charnelist, August 13, 2016, 07:18:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charnelist

Well, I don't have much of a title for him other than that. He was known as Exorcist, Bannisher, Necromancer, and other things. But really, in the end he was pretty much a tool. Take that as you will!
Haha, multiple meanings.. ha
Anyways, I have an intense dislike for posting Obits - I never made one for Crow!
But maybe someone out there wants to shoot a comment. lol.

Yog is dead! His death was very thematic, and I imagine his spirit wouldn't even be half bothered by the sudden-but-inevitable betrayal, if he weren't roasting on some necrodemon's spit right now.
Well, that's where he probably is..

He was a relatively simple concept, easy to create, easy to play, easily powerful for what it was.
The fun was in playing a character that took the message of his faction to heart and was willing to sacrifice even the simplest creature comforts to further the mission. Yog got spit on, beat down, insulted, accused, and certainly humiliated far more than I would have ever expected. It was a lesson in patience as a player, reminding myself that this was par for the course and that if Yog was really going to represent, well, he'd better do a damn good job of it.
He was sincere.
That means sincerely evil, of course, but it also means he never lied. Why lie? No excuses here!
Throughout his career, he experienced a good flood of betrayals, not necessarily purposeful ones but rather many shortcomings and failures from his family. He never abandoned the mission, though, or the ideal of unity. In spite of his obvious evil and corruption, his backstory of having made pacts with beings of elemental ruin, this rigid sense of purpose gave him a feeling of real nobility that added class to everything he did.
It also made him a very persuasive speaker! At least to those who spent time speaking with him. :)

It was fun! I knew it couldn't last, but when the whole journey, from start to finish, is a blast - well, you can't really be upset, can you?
Cheers, for the least pointless death I've had on EfU yet!

P.S. I have a few pics, and I'm sure I'll share them.. maybe.. eventually. Did I mention I hate obits? Ha.

Dina

He will be missed :(

Kinslayer988

Rip in pieces crazy man
<SkillFocuspwn> no property developers among men only brothers

Eyesore

Yog had a good run. I look forward to what you have in store next.

Ironside

Sem

He rode the mosh pit of his own demons all the way to the sword.

Knight Of Pentacles

I really liked Yog.  

Charnelist

Black_TopHat

Wat a Freak... but you were great in getting back into the server by taking the time to go show me the Exiles n All that jazz... well done!

The Old Hack

Only really got a chance to interact with him once, but he was amazing. Great job!

VivaLaRevolution

Mistah Yog, will be missed ;-;