Unusual Prelude - "Goar's Rest"

Started by Howlando, March 25, 2014, 11:25:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howlando

So I had an idea for a kind of crazy prelude I'd like to run.

Here is how it will work:

- Anyone can join (except for players currently highly involved in my "War on the Dark Lake" plot), but people who are 100% committed and not just rolling up an alt for fun should let me know as they may have a special 'role' to play

- There may be a fairly high death rate in the actual prelude as I tend to prefer hardcore things, but afterwards it will be fine to respawn. However, the PCs in this prelude group may be subjected to cruel and violent premature FD kills - i.e. one of your group is secretly a and will be trying to sneakily murder all the members of the group as the opportunity presents itself and until he/she gets caught.

- Characters should not be spellcasters or paladins unless you clear it with me. The general theme is members of two large and extended families that makes up a small and somewhat-inbred village called Goar's Rest, located somewhere in the Dalelands. The two family names are the McGlitts and McBlatts. So - your character should have the last name of either McGlitt or McBlatt.

- As you are playing on EFU, you can safely assume that there is a serious grudge between the McGlitts and McBlatts. McGlitts tend to be somewhat wealthier (for the standards of a poor farming village), and its members will start with an additional 200 GP. McBlatts are poorer and more numerous. Feel free to use this thread to post a bio or to ask questions.

- You should roll up your character and go to level 2, as normal. HOWEVER... before the prelude begins, under my supervision, you will roll a 1d11 dice to determine what EACH of your stats actually will be. If you roll a 1, the stat will be 6.... if you roll a 11, it will be 16. So depending on the roll, you could have some very unusual stats indeed. It will still be your responsibility to portray these stats accurately. Because of this I suggest leaving the description blank and modifying it using the "/c desc" commands when the stat-rolls are finished.

The actual prelude itself will be rather short, this is mostly an excuse to try out something new by introducing characters with these unique and unpredictable stats.

I will announce later when I will run this. Expect sometime GMT evening in the coming days.

Howlando