The Clergy and Faith of He-Who-Was-Broken, Ilmater

Started by Vault Shrike, May 26, 2014, 05:09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vault Shrike

Thusfar in my time in EFU:R, I have noticed a distinct lack of active clergy. The temple has seen priests come and go, with varying degrees of success. The Triad had it for a time; they held it by the grace of having an extremely well-paid Director propping it up, even when it lacked an actual priest. The Mystrylites held it for a time, but gradually faded from the scene. This has left, in my mind, a terrible void that has yet to be filled: in this climate of fear where even the Gods can be slain, after all, what is the point of worship? If the world is going to end, why should we care what the Gods think or do?

I'll tell you why.

The faith of He-Who-Was-Broken, Ilmater, is a conflict-heavy, theologically-nuanced interpretation of Ilmateri dogma which seemed about right and appropriate for the setting. Without revealing too much in the way of spoilers, expect considerable internal debates, and far more than the usual heal-the-sick, feed-the-poor notions that the Ilmateri are known for. Ilmater has taken up the Arms of Torm the True, and He shall see them used.

Which is not to say that those aspects of the faith do not have their place! Ilmater is a god of suffering, and the alleviation of it from the Righteous is one of His foremost tenets. He needs a House of Healing as much as He does warriors to bear aloft His banner; do not think such concepts, existing or not as of the moment, would be rejected in favor of fanatical heathen-bashing!

The faction (really just Vilmos, please excuse my presumption) has already stood in direct and vicious opposition to the various infernalists, limboists, demonologists, daemonologists, weird wizards with whispering staves, and other 'villains' that would laugh in the face of the Crying God. Well, He is crying no more.

Rest assured - if there is a distinct lack of sinners, villains, simoners, apostates, etc., we will find some.

Truly, what depths shall we plumb in search of the nature of the divine?

Interested players and PCs should review this posting and follow up from there in character. If you have questions, send a PM or send me a tell in-game!

Vault Shrike

Vault Shrike

Glory, glory unto Him! We have the temple complex.

Have a look, if you're considering concepts. PMs will spill some of the Exciting Beans, but not all of them. :)

MaimedGod

Cat

Thumbs up from me as well.