Bring back Half Elf Heads

Started by Mia, December 10, 2019, 05:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mia

During 2016-2017, EFU slowly began to introduce Haks into a persistent world that had until then remained hakless. One of the very first things added were tilesets and new heads for pcs and npcs to choose from. The Hak in question was called efu_headsets.hak. While certainly some were goofy and later disabled, it provided a variety of Half-Elf heads with notably pointed ears. However, in the transition from EFU:Revelations to EFU:City of Rings, we acquired many new haks. Including some fancy new headsets. The result however was, that the headsets that had grown familiar over the course of the last two years of EFU:Revelations, were no longer available.

While I don't mourn the loss of any particular headset, I do think the absence of notably half elven heads is a loss. It was one of the few things that made half elves distinguishable from humans. While I don't think characterization should depend on models; being able to instantly recognize what a character is supposed to be is helpful to the gameworld.

Tala

If someone wants to take charge and add the previous headsets back, they're welcome to do so. Would be cool having some of those back.