In the 'Dark - Total NWN Reskin

Started by Arc, April 10, 2014, 08:43:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arc

I've always felt all the available Neverwinter Nights skins are too bright for EfU, verging on immersion breaking. I love the Underdark as a setting. The Underdark is a dark, terrifying place, home of lovecraftian races and machiavellian forces, with a oppressive roof of stone, as impenetrable as the sky. Generic-Gold UIs have no place here. So I made what I felt was a skin that would most fit EfU, blending in with the setting instead of sticking out from it.

But you dont want to hear the skin described, so here's a screenshot tour:

The skin is fully compatible with all features of Neverwinter Nights, and should cause absolutely no bugs, issues, or lag at all. (Because its all images, and images can't really break those things.)

If you like it, subscribe on steam.

Mortui

It's gorgeous Arc, amazing, truly.

Edit: KoP, you're right, they need to stand out a bit more.

Knight Of Pentacles

GG

Only thing is the compass direction symbols need to be a bit more prominent.  Hard for me to see.  Might just be me however.

Mortui

Ah, I just noticed that KoP, you're right, they need to stand out a bit more.

Arc

I'll fix that in the morning- should be a fairly quick fix to increase legibility on the compass.

Edit: Heres a fixed compass. Just drop it in the override folder and overwrite the old one.

[COLOR="SlateGray"]((Note: This is now included in new installs by default, no need to download this))[/COLOR]

Arc

Sorry about that- Got home from class and was informed my download link was dead. It's back up and working again! Ran out of bandwidth.

tunnel_badger

Pandip

I seem to be getting a decryption error for the compass update.
Otherwise, looks great!

Random_White_Guy

[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

WellRespectedMan

Circe

This is super cool. Great job!

Arc

Quote from: Pandip;381737I seem to be getting a decryption error for the compass update.
Otherwise, looks great!

Thanks!

What do you mean a decryption error? Here, I'll try to attach it to this post, but still I'd appreciate a screenshot of what you mean so I can fix it.

[COLOR="SlateGray"]((Note: This is now included in new installs by default, no need to download this))[/COLOR]

Mort

As a guy who made skins/overrides in the past, this looks very cool -- thank you for your work.

Pandip

Quote from: Arc;381748Thanks!

What do you mean a decryption error? Here, I'll try to attach it to this post, but still I'd appreciate a screenshot of what you mean so I can fix it.

The link (new?) in the main post seems to be working now, so no worries.

I'm curious, which one of the files affects the above head combat damage? I've become pretty accustomed to my dark red text, and I'd like to keep it from diz-e's EFU:A UI.

Arc

Quote from: Pandip;381793The link (new?) in the main post seems to be working now, so no worries.

I'm curious, which one of the files affects the above head combat damage? I've become pretty accustomed to my dark red text, and I'd like to keep it from diz-e's EFU:A UI.

You're probably looking for fnt_floaty_smal.tga- Tell me if it works.