Leon Maedhros of Warad

Started by Blue41, January 22, 2024, 03:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue41

Leon,

Thought you'd like to know, and with all the ruckus and cross-talk last night, the opportunity passed me by. We spoke briefly on the matter of Cassella on the day before your sermon. You signed his petition, and spoke of the debt incurred, of the faith you placed in him-- that you would have his ear. When the time came for a candidate to be chosen, and he and Akna revealed the number of signatures on their petition, Cassella held the lead by a single name. I'd like to think that it was yours, though that may be a bit unfair. But allow me this unfairness, yes?

Cassella submit his petition, and Akna submit to him. Rather than chase signatures, she chose to become his Prelate. And now we have a Modini in the seat, one who has raised Warad upon the Stele. I suspect he is much like the rich merchant in your parable-- a believer in trade and profit rather than the Wanderer. But I could be wrong.

Tell me-- has he made time for you since the election has ended? Do you feel heard? Does your faith yet hold?

JF

Leon of Maedhros

Jerrod Felch,

Gratitude for the penned word. It is not an unfairness, for I also signed Akna's petition when asked. At the time, I did not think two petitions could be signed at once, and I reckoned with my haste already made, I may as well make up for it by giving them both my support and a chance to receive the nomination.

I have approached Legate Cassella on his faith, and he has made an appointment aside for us to discuss this in greater lengths. Placing Warad upon the Stele may have been his foreword way of seeking my approval, but this charge will not be easy. I will be wary of honeyed words when the question broached to him in my attempts to guide him towards the Wheel and towards my Lord, Warad.

May His peace never be broken

Leon of Maedhros