Holy symbol bug

Started by Pentaxius, April 22, 2013, 09:26:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pentaxius

Just wanted to point out that the increase in CL and spell DC granted by the holy symbol works once per reset (These bonuses are mentioned in Mort's post on holy symbol, but the exact mechanics are kept hidden).

If you need to relog, these nifty bonuses are lost until the next fresh reset.

This might be intentional, I'm not sure. Else, it would be good if it could be looked into.

Yalta

Yes I can confirm that its only the first login after a reset where these are applied. After that its back to the base CL and DC.

Yalta

With the recent lag and crashing more often this is very frustrating.

Talir

This is no bug. Nevertheless, I've moved when it updates the amulet so it happens more frequently. You will still not see when you lose these bonuses but you should have a fair assumption that it might not be as strong as it was before. I'll repeat what I've said a dozen times over, prayers don't last.

I've been hearing that some people have spammed the amulet silently on other PCs to upgrade the amulet, before casting spells on them. Personally I have no qualms about giving a permanent 100% spellfailure on those who do it. It's inexcusable behavior. You are playing a class whose core feature is praying to and giving guidance in the name of the divine. For this you receive spells to use in your deity's cause. If you can't roleplay even this simple thing, you've got no reason to be playing this class. On the other side you should not convert yourself to a deity if this isn't something your character would do or you are going to display. Your flowerplucking whimsy elf's deity field should not read Gruumsh.