Animatron summoning theme

Started by Pentaxius, July 24, 2013, 10:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pentaxius

Just thought it would be immensely cool to have Spell-guard conjurers actually summon animatrons with their spells.

The Watchers and the stewards had pretty awesome summoning themes, and I think this one would fit the spell-guard very nicely ! One could imagine, through the use of a specific focus, that a spell-guard wizard is able to call forth an animatron from the vaults of the machine.

Howlando

It is very important in EFU to understand animatrons as something that are built, not conjured up from some other plane. So a normal summoning theme of various powers accessed from normal summons spells is definitely not suitable; but of course Spellguard Agents are already able to (when within Dunwarren) summon one as you propose... although there are considerable consequences if it gets broken!

Pentaxius

I see. It wouldn't indeed fit the idea of scarcity/preciousness of Sanctuary's animatron reserves. (even if they are not summoned from other planes, but from a direct link with the vaults of the machine)

I've no specific idea in mind - but a summoning theme for the spell-guard would be a very nice addition. A construct summoning theme that isn't about boots / dancing chairs would still fit rather nicely in my opinion - but it is perhaps best to keep construct-related entities to animatrons, as to not dilute the great feel they have.

Dr Dragon

Quote from: Pentaxius;346118I see. It wouldn't indeed fit the idea of scarcity/preciousness of Sanctuary's animatron reserves. (even if they are not summoned from other planes, but from a direct link with the vaults of the machine)

I've no specific idea in mind - but a summoning theme for the spell-guard would be a very nice addition. A construct summoning theme that isn't about boots / dancing chairs would still fit rather nicely in my opinion - but it is perhaps best to keep construct-related entities to animatrons, as to not dilute the great feel they have.

A mechnus (Lawful Neutral clockwork place.)  summoning theme would be dope, and more in line with what you are talking about.

Deception

A summoning theme related to Mechanus would indeed be cool.