A Package for Miranda Marlin

Started by ItsAdventureTime, May 07, 2024, 09:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsAdventureTime

Dear Miss Miranda Marlin,

Enclosed is the cover and first page of the work you commissioned from me. I have drafts of various other pages in various other stages and I anticipate the complete work will be finished by the four weeks estimate I originally provided you.

As I work on these early pages, however, I have come to realize that the transition from cover to first page is quite discordant. I think an introduction or foreword page would resolve that issue and I would like to give you the honour of writing it if you are interested in doing so.

Let me me know what you decide.

Sincerely,
Zaheera Nahaat

Miranda Marlin

[a seagull delivers a reply in an envelope marked with a few cantrips warding against casual tomfoolery. It malingers a few moments lest any food be left untended]

Dear Zaheera Nahaat,

It looks very lovely! I do think a foreword or introduction page would be nice, but I don't know that I'm the bird for that job. I didn't know her, and I think the only person I know who did is Amelie, now. You could ask her, maybe? I'm an excellent wizard but a mediocre poet.

Sincerely,
Miranda Marlin.

ItsAdventureTime

Please see included an up-to-date copy with additional pages.

Sincerely,
Zaheera Nahaat

Miranda Marlin

[a broom flies to the residence with a seagull perched upon it. While the broom hovers it hops down to deliver its message before hopping back onto it, bird and broom zipping off]

Dear Zaheera Nahaat,

Thank you! It looks very nice. I feel like we keep missing one another in the Well! The next time we cross paths though I do have more of my end of the commission for you. I hope you are doing well with all your projects! You seem very busy!

Sincerely,
Miranda Marlin

Miranda Marlin

[a bird-borne letter finds its way over to Zaheera's residence once more]

Dear Zaheera Nahaat,

Next time we run into each other, I have more of the commission. Also! If you have not started work too far along on that other project, I do have my new uniform now! You've seen it, but I didn't know if you needed time to do a sketch if you wanted to incorporate it! Also my magic broom.

Sincerely,
Miranda Marlin.

ItsAdventureTime

Attached is the latest draft of the work. If you are happy with its state, then I humbly submit it as the final product.

Sincerely,
Zaheera Nahaat

Miranda Marlin

[a reply arrives by avian messenger]

Dear Zaheera Nahaat,

It looks lovely! I think it is ready for publishing? I should be able to settle the remainder of the costs next we meet! Thank you for your work on this!

Sincerely,
Miranda Marlin