A Gourmands Guide

Started by Tree, March 03, 2023, 09:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tree

A small leather bound journal is tucked away in the gutters somewhere it has bloodstained fingerprints over the cover which depicts various men and women eating what appears to be humanoid meat

The Butcher Presents

A Gourmand's Guide

"A Gourmands Guide" is a mouth-watering collection of home style recipes that will satisfy any carnivore's cravings. From juicy steaks to succulent roasts, this cookbook feature delicious meat-based recipes that are easy to prepare and sure to please.

The cookbook is organized into chapters based on the type of meat featured in each recipe.

Each recipe in the cookbook is accompanied by a woodcut picture, as well as detailed instructions and cooking tips. The cookbook also includes information on different cuts of meat, as well as tips for cooking 'meat' to perfection. Whether you're an experienced cook or just starting out, "The Gourmand's Guide" is sure to become a staple in your campfire reading.

Tree

Stewed Intestine

I sampled this recipe a year or two after the Ring-fall in a cave full of desperate squatters this was the first time I sampled the one true delicious meat, human.  The unwashed organ meat and alley ash gives it a rusty earthy flavour which instantly takes me back to those days.

Ingredients:
- Half pound of unwashed human intestine
- 1/4 cup of vinegar
- 1/2 a handfull hunk of fat
- 1 medium alley onion peeled and split
- 1 small carrot roughly chopped
-  1 spoon full alley ash

1. Soak intestine in a large bowl of water while bringing the pot to boil, once water is boiled add spoon full of alley ash and boil for 10 minutes.

2. Return to pot and add 1/4 cup of vinegar, alley onion and carrot. Bring to a boil over a large campfire, once boiling remove from the campfire and place on hot coals to simmer adding a handful of fat for extra taste. Cook until organ meat is tender around 1 to 1 and a half hours.

3. Slice organ meat into slices or cut into chunks, serve as-is with vegetables. Season with alley-ash to taste. This will have a strong rusty flavour which pairs well with the vinegar and alley ash.