Heaven and Hell in Faerun

Started by IxTheSpeedy, April 09, 2009, 07:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IxTheSpeedy

I know that there are supposed to be 9 levels of hell in the D & D universe but what about Heaven?  does anybody have a link to something discussing the heaven's for Faerun?  I know folks go before their respective deity when they die but when someone is speaking about "heaven" or "the heavens", how would they refer to it?

Thanks.

Secutor

There are infinite outer planes which usually represent or shadow aspects of the Prime Material (this plane which Faerun is within), the most notable of which are on that chart that A. Bosch linked: Nine Hells of Baator (LE), The Infinite Layers of the Abyss (CE), Mount Celestia (LG), The Plains of Elysium (NG), Mechanus (LN), and Limbo (CN).

In this setting it would be appropriate to refer to heaven as "heaven", "the heavens", "Celestia", "Elysium" (my personal favorite), or "Arborea", depending on what your character considers heavenly or personal taste. Furthermore, if your character was particularly pious and something of a theologean, he could reference the home plane of the Faerunian god he worships: Dweomerheart (Mystra/Azuth), House of the Triad (Tyr/Ilmater/Torm), The Deep Forest (Silvanus/other nature gods), and more.

IxTheSpeedy

Awesome, thanks.  Exactly what I needed.