Captain Hamish O'Neill

Started by Blackthorn, June 06, 2014, 08:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goate

Hamish and the Hounds livened up Lower by no small amount.  I'll miss being the wet towl in your quest train.

The Holy Goat

Heroic to the end with no equal.

Captain Hamish.

Crimson_Blood13

Let me take a moment to describe how I met Hamish. I was just a welp with stained armor and a safety cloak, a man with everything to prove yet nothing to lose. I took my first quest outside of the shield, an easy one.. one I am sure you are all familiar with. Learning the basics of climbing in EFU. Learning all the new ways that EFU spruced up my favorite childhood game. Upon leaving the quest, I find a group of men standing outside. If only it were that easy.. That group of men.. and a single woman.. changed my entire experience on the server. Kauvra, standing the an ocean of mourning spirits, Lupin, looking me over while knuckling his eye patch, and Hamish.. a man that clearly led the group (according to Kauvra, he "thought" he led the group but she was the real mastermind). This lovely band of merry makers decided to rob me of all my belongings. Well shit. Luckily for me, and unlucky for their pockets I had nothing, so instead they sold me off to [COLOR="Green"]High Priestest Emelia of Ghaunadaur[/COLOR]. Man, the train of events they led me on. From being apart of signing my name on the original hounds roster to conquering quests that the entire server deemed suicide. From turning half orcs into chickens to accidentally walking in on a private dm event this story has been a laugh page after page. Hell, when it all comes down to it, I was the last hound standing during the drow wars that led to us getting our amazing ship which lets admit, coolest base both idea wise and mechanically on the server for minor factions am I right!? Which brings me to my last point, the DMs. The DMs have been so much fun throughout out time on the server and without their fun and creative ways to torment us into turning that page we would not have made it to where we were. May all remember us as we take the name of the Tigereyes down and put the Hounds ontop.

To my Captain and my Brother, I may not have been with you from the start despite you asking me, but I sure as hell took a long and fun ride with you man. Thank you for getting me back into neverwinter nights like the old times, and thanks for all of the candles you somehow found to keep my spirit up xD So here is a toast to both of our characters, that they may find glory in death that they made in life
To part with the same words I gave Card,

[COLOR="Green"]Goodbye, friend[/COLOR]

~Haston Sannall; K.I.A.

NecronomiconV

Haston, Hamish, And Kauvra, Emelia Gravenhearths closest friends and toughest allies.. I'm sad I died so early on before she got to mess some more crap up with you x3 Hamish has to be my favorite pc I've ever seen on EFU and I say damn well done.. I look forward to what you cook up next, and who knows.. Maybe you can ooze out with me someday if you need a concept when I do my next ooze priest in the future ;)

WriterX

I think that Gabriele, one of my first characters to EfU, helped Hamish get one of his first pieces of loot, and earn himself some Upper infamy. I am sad to see him go, but I hope that whoever remains of the Hounds will be able to carry the Lady Kauvra to further great exploits.

Laurian

*sighs* From my first meeting with him, to watching him die in the square, Hamish O'neill was one of the awesomest characters around. Constantly messing with my mind, he was a blast to work with.
As I said to Haston, I have this strange feeling we'll meet again...

Jayde Moon

Knight Of Pentacles

The epitome of a concept that isn't directed turning into something brilliant. A+

Calixto

You dying in the Shagga quest probably had to do with your end. Sorry dude :(

Great char from the little I knew of him. I definitively saw tendencies towards evil, tough I didn't think he would be CE!
Most enjoyable characters:

EFU: COR
Tristan Caerfal (NG Human Sharpshooter)

EFU:R
Thomas Valentine (Human NG Fighter/Rogue)
Durga (Half-Orc NE Cleric of Ilneval/Fighter)

EFU:M
Marion Sileyna (Human LN Cleric of Loviatar/Fighter)
Atreia Kelten (Human Paladin of Tyr)
Riku (NG Stargazer Ranger)

NecronomiconV

efuincarnate

Had some good times with Hamish when I was running Wyran. Well played, not every barb can say they earned a boat, as a player faction Base! Look forward to your return. ..(having beta'd ESO, I doubt it will be a lengthy break, horrible game..)

Bouquet of Roses

Hamish was fun.
I wish I'd had more time to mess with him on Charlie!
Alas, t'was not to be.

Best of fortune on your next!

tala_kai

He got most of the Lower PCs united under him or allied with him, which is no small feat.

Looks like you had some really good times, which is the most important thing.
Also, not retiring him even after dying a lot and losing levels (on a weekly basis :p) is very admirable.

Dillusionist

A well-played glory hound and proper adventurer. It was a blast.

When it comes down to it, adventuring is about chaotic evil people killing things, taking their stuff, and bragging about it. Hamish and the Hounds brought life and good characterization to that ideal in a way few others have done.

scrappayeti

An excellent example of how a simple concept can turn into a well developed and interesting character. Props.