Jarik Blake - His Dark Desire

Started by tala_kai, September 09, 2014, 05:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damien

it took me 4 posts before i got to the loot and was denied.

5/10

Vlaid

An epic tale indeed from beginning to end. He was a true fixture in Lower Sanctuary to rival Chuckling Bill.

Well done.

tala_kai

Added Loot. Really hope I'll score a ten!

Diz-e

hell yeah. perfect example of what i love to see in our shared stories. when i see this, i get butterflies and i either get involved or i involve it with me. rock on, tala.

ANTI-HEROES OF IBRANDUL 4LYFE. LONG LIVED PC'S FOREVER

KreShar

Loved Jarik. Don't know how we became friends but Jarik and Aracknar had some fun adventures together.

The Old Hack

I only interacted very little with Jarik but I loved the character. Chimaera's life was changed yet again by her meeting with Ibrandul's darkness -- while she did not become a worshipper, she learned that there was something to respect in that old, old power.

Great guy!

el groso

So much EFU:R history in one PC. Going with the flow keeping the essence of the PC, I think you did it really well.

Bravo!

Bearic

Gonna miss running around and hunting chosen, checking the caves, nearly dying to doom knights, or fighting shadows together. Was good fun. =]

CPT. Homie

It was great having him as a presence in lower all the way back from the days of Radke. Superbly done 007.

This has to be one of the best obituaries ever btw. Really enjoyed it as well!

Pup

Amazing job and I'm happy to see you got to experience such a story on your first go-round with EfU.

Neato!
"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"
"Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph."

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals

Pentaxius

Such a moving and tragic story.  Great obituary! great first PC!

Somniis

Quote from: Pentaxius;405917Such a moving and tragic story.  Great obituary! great first PC!

I second what Pentaxius said.

I'm sure you can understand that both Jarik and Sru "knew" of each other's presence in and about Sanctuary... Through that common (spoiler) link... And I felt like I needed to meet Jarik at the right time; despite how deeply embedded in the goings-on of Lower Sanctuary he was... Meaning: Jarik was one of the go-to-guys... to find out who was who, and what was what in Lower.

I know I took my time (like months)... but so glad I got a chance to meet and talk to you with depth and quality when we did. And only scratched at a few surfaces :)

Awesome that Jarik started as a random sellsword... and ended up a Dark Prince of Ibrandul. :)

Well played!

petey512

Well done, Tala. Jarik was such a great character- I was constantly rooting for him and hoping for a happy ending, (but I'm not sure Jarik was meant to have one of those.) Even so, his life was spectacular.
"Proving concerned parents from the 80's wrong, just in time for them to be dead. "

Bouquet of Roses

I've long missed our group-meetings in the Crone.
Jarik, Irith, Tobit, and all the others.

It's sad to see the final piece of it fall away.

Very well done, Tala. Jarik always felt very human. Very real.

Dillusionist

Great PC. Most people in EFU usually try to tackle major metaplots or illicit some change in the settlement. I like how Jarik's story and involvement with Shar, Dendar, and Ibrandul was a lot more personal.