Dame Abala Quickfeet, Justiciar of Tyr, Director of Sanctuary

Started by MaimedGod, October 17, 2014, 01:07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaimedGod

Right. Thus ends the tale of Dame Abala Quickfeet! This was my first character, and I think that showed a lot, particularly towards the beginning, when she died repeatedly over and over again. Somehow she managed to rise to become an extremely prominent PC on the server, leading Sanctuary for well over eight months!

QuoteThis character was created on Wednesday, October 23rd, 2013 at 07:37:06 PM.
Since creation, this character has logged on and off 1656 times.
The character has spent 34 days, 22 hours, 59 minutes, and 59 seconds online.

(actual pony not included)

Abala... where do I even start? She started as a bright-eyed and idealistic paladin who wanted nothing more than to see realized the perfect society, a society where her role would be obsolete, a society where punishment was not needed and everyone lived in blissful, peaceful happiness.

Needless to say, Sanctuary had a very sobering effect on her almost from the beginning. She resolved to enter into leadership, to fix all of the problems that she saw - the rampant corruption, the abuse of the law, the idle hands being rested upon. Whether she was successful isn't really my place to say. She attached herself to Director Kingsley, and tried to advance her cause as a Prefect as best as she was able.

She eventually fell as a paladin (and for a time tried to see if there was some path by which she could find redemption but unfortunately one never opened up for her, each priest she confided in disappearing one after the other), but in spite of that, she struggled earnestly to be a good person and to maintain some semblance of her honor in spite of great adversity and extremely difficult and morally grey choices. I personally believe that she was mostly successful in that endeavor.

She was a Director, of course, but honestly, I didn't like that part of her very much and I think it detracted a lot from what the character originally was meant to be. I personally regret taking the character in that direction, but it did lead to some fun stuff regardless. She had, I like to think, real motivations and goals that drove her forwards. It certainly gave her the ability to really take the server by the reins and do some fun stuff, and I'm extremely grateful for that.

I unfortunately am not very good at taking and saving screenshots. Here are a few. I'm sure you guys can get the gist.

Lawful good as fuck.

She was very loyal to the Society and its ideals, particularly its founder, Director Rhiannon Kingsley, who she admired a great deal and, particularly during her time as Prefect, viewed as her liege-lord.

She didn't like drow very much, though she spent a lot of her time as a Director dealing with them. They wrote her mean letters.

She talked to angels quite a bit. This one was Hashmaelum the Uncompromising, a very cool justice archon who set Abala off on a quest to kill an devil-worshipping Spellguard Agent played by RwG (you can take a wild guess how that ended).

She was a holy beacon of light, at times...

... and a diplomat of Sanctuary, at others. She negotiated with drow, deep gnomes, dragons, kuo-toa, duergar, dwarves, crazy criminals, crazy SG Agents, and more! Quite the pedigree.

I wish I had more screenies, but I'm sure a ton have been posted featuring her in other people's threads so it's no big loss.

I think it's safe to say Abala Quickfeet was not the best character that I could have played at the time I made her, given what I know now, but she was the right character to play, and I hope she added a lot to people's stories over the last long and arduous year of her existence.

I'd like to thank just about everyone who has ever played on this  server, all of the DMs, et cetera. There are just too many people to  count. Thank you guys all so much.

Goodbye, EFU! See you on the next one.

Sankis

well played i await your next pc

Mushroom Mushroom

CollegeDropout

A very pimpactful character. Great job.

SN

Iconic!

Very nicely done, especially for a first EFU PC..

My first one was a dwarf priest with 8 Cha..

Moonlighter

My favorite character. Best PC of EFUR by far. Absolutely can't wait for what comes next!

cmenden

VanillaPudding

Good stuff. I fear the incoming and obvious monster PC that will take out the frustrations of politics and paladin upon the world. ;)

Ironside

A really damned cool PC, kudos on managing to play a paladin in politics and yet still managing to keep things fresh and fun.  Hats off to you.

Bouquet of Roses

Very well done. I was amazed at how well you stuck to your character, and let it evolve naturally as she was exposed to the server and the hardships it offers.
You touched alot of PCs with this one.
Both as ally and obstacle.

Can't wait to see if you can come up with something even better.

AllMYBudgies

CondorHero

The Once and Future Director of Sanctuary.

TheShadow

Yep! From Mari Stalwart, my first "Real" pc here,(with a big influence on Card, up 'till the end, ordering her death)  all the way to Cain, you played some role in my characters stories and I thank you for that. You stuck with your character and, at least as i saw it, have done a amazing job in the face of others judgement and beliefs. Also, congrats on it being your first pc and doing so well. Definitely looking forward to your next character.
Forever in the Shadows, yearning for the Light.

AKMatt

Awesome PC!  Oh how dearly I wish I had been online to witness her end.

The Crimson Magician

tits in the tower for sure