The Frequency of Throwables in PvE

Started by Mia, August 30, 2019, 03:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mia

Ever since the AI was changed a few months back, it seems almost like monsters more frequently use throwables.  In particular lizardfolk, goblins, kobolds, bandits, but also imps and hobgoblins throw ridiculous amounts of choking powder and tanglefoot bags. To the point my character spends nearly every battle incapacitated for a portion of it. It just makes saving throws even more important than they already were. I would like to see monsters use these items less.

Grouch

It just doesn't feel like im fighting a stone lizard if it doesn't throw a tangle foot bag at me.
Things will never be the same (I've applied too much ketchup to this hamburger)

MAGIC

Perhaps the ai is the same, but creatures are spawning with more of them. I recall a change some months ago that resulted in all sorts of creatures getting (and drinking) potions, this could be the same thing?

CorstoTerrore

It's possible. I mean, Ring Gnat swarms often drink potions if they're not downed fast enough.

Halfbrood

The creatures don't actually spawn with or use the actual items (hence the weird animation), they effectively just fire the scripts, so the suggestion that they spawn with more of them is incorrect. As SC said, if you can provide some evidence of the culprits, we can look at those specific creature's AI scripts and see if we can determine where the potential over-zealous throwables is arising.

Grouch

I think its more a case of ' When there are 20 enemies in a room one is bound to throw something ' the OP mentioned creatures tend to congregate in great numbers.

I don't usually notice one enemy throwing multiple things in a fight, if they do it is very rare.
Things will never be the same (I've applied too much ketchup to this hamburger)

Random_White_Guy

The beggars in the MOngrelwoods throw like infinite thunderstones for mayhem.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Mia

Here are some of explicit names of some of the greatest offenders.
In hindsight I realized most of these are archers.

Bandit Bowman
Goblin Warrior
Goblin Archer
Cobbledog Rascal
Lizardfolk bandit
Yuan-ti Amazon
Lizardfolk Axe Thrower