Ambient Messages - Unravel

Started by Richørd, March 31, 2020, 02:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richørd

Please change the ambient messages that are posted in the Discord whenever "Unravel" is used.

That picture is a made-up example from the Discord but it highlights an issue.
Unravel is a cool spell.
But to give the full name of the area Unravel is used in can spoil a lot, done so accidentally or not.
Sure, there are ominous areas that can have names like "Yellow Fortress" or "Glowing Pathway" but then there are areas that can lead to metagaming such as "Frozen Hellscape" or "Hellfortress Citadel".
Even worse would be if somehow someone ended up opening up a seam in a VERY lore heavy area such as "Grave of the True King Elminster" or "Ring 1 - The Throne of Everything". You know?

SUGGESTION:
Change the ambient message to where it does not give us the area name post Ring 95 but instead only says which Ring the Unravel happens within.

Providence

I want to second this suggestion and remind everyone that we were told, time and time again, not to speculate on the nature of unseen rings, nor spoil them to anyone. And yet here we have the names (misleading as they might well could be) giving away at least some of the wonder you would experience when you saw it for your first time zoning into a 'new' ring.

Drink With Me

Agreed. Even though i haven't gotten deep into ring running it would be nice if there were away to avoid some potential spoilers.
If you're evil, and you're on the rise
You can count on the four of us taking you down
'Cause we're good and evil never beats us
We'll win the fight and then go out for pizzas.  - Steven Universe

Dillusionist

it may take some time to add this but i'll try my best!

in general area names should not be that spoiler-inducing. but i'll see if i can work around it. mostly i dont want people using the deep rings to safely cast Unravel.