Better Rewards for the Beginner's Arena

Started by Runic Saga, August 13, 2009, 12:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Runic Saga

This quest is particularly hard, especially if you die, as it's a solo quest. You'll likely use a good number of potions too, unless you happen to be a caster PC. I would suggest that the reward be increased to something a bit more than 1-2 pots and 60 gold. Even on a L5 PC it's tough and likely to cost more than you gain.

Alestra

I personally have to agree, being a monk going in bare handed I needed three potions of armor and healing to survive. I got a Gladiators belt which of course I cant even use...Prizes should depend on class and level.

Omnihero

*coughs and restrains them self to politeness*
I admit that for a non-combat focused (rogue) or lesser combat focused (monk) the the quest would be difficult but as the reward is for fighters and barbarians only (usually I got a bull str pot once) it stands to reason that the quest was designed for those classes. There are other ways to beat this quest like potions and buffs but truly this is an arena of TEMPUS. so only the strong and skilled will survive but yes I agree that a small increase in the reward would be pleasant

Conan The Conqueror

I will say a slight boost in reward might be nice, but I managed to complete the quest with a level 3 rogue using a brass healing wand and a potion of invisibilty. Some crafty use of available items on the server can be effective without being costly.

BrittanyPanthas

If you're a warrior type, I recommend taking a visit to something.....quite close, for something cheap, and very effective. -.-

Letsplayforfun

It's an arena dedicated to a god of war. If you go there while being a non combattant class, expect trouble. The payout covers the consummables for warriors and barbarians, while it has not reason to. You go there to train and honor Tempus, not to make money. It shouldn't cover the consummable for non fighting classes, imo. Any besides, all quests rewards need not 'cover the costs'.

Belgaroth

IMO Reward should be increased, and the use of magic items, potions or spells you cannot cast yourself forbidden since the npc apparently doesn't use any. What is the point of a duel if the duelists don't fight on equal terms?

Oskar Maxon

The npc uses potions.

FleetingHeart

After having tried, I'm fairly confident that any warrior class could complete this quest with a single commonly available potion.

Though I died, I don't think the reward is unbalanced with this in mind.

Runic Saga

Actually....
It's if you go in there AS a combat class, expect trouble.
You need potions of healing (even with a bought blessing)  for a good chance, and the payout doesn't really give that much. On the other hand, a cleric, say has an easier time in being able to buff up and slap them with a Hold Person. And a wizard rigged for single combat could do the same thing.

There are 2 different foes BTW, one of which is more dangerous.

FleetingHeart

Are there? Sir crits-a-lot and who else?

Equinox

Yeah thats it guys. Lets just tell everyone about the bosses and list all their weakness while we're at it.

>_>

FleetingHeart

Nothing spoilerish here, other than saying there is more than one possible fight.... which really should be expected in a gladiatorial arena.

Gippy

The reward for this is a bit low considering that any supply use and you will probably not get a profit. The experience is also a bit low compared to other quests such as pillars and discs. That said, this quest is not very hard.