New Content

Started by Howlando, February 18, 2014, 12:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowCharlatan

v4_1857

As part of recent changes, 27 areas have been added to the EFU module.

Some minor makeovers to existing areas.

Final Sanctuary is now open for those with Final Sanctuary Rings.

ShadowCharlatan

v4_1859

- Illusion Chambers no longer require multiple PCs to access. Some other small bugs/issues fixed.

- All crafting systems have been disabled pending a total restructure.

Gippy

If you are an active crafter please PM me. I know that this affects some concepts but I will allow for some FINALDM supervised crafting if you send me a message that will make up for the inconvenience of Mystril's fickleness.

ShadowCharlatan

v4_1930

Re-added three quests from past chapters. See if you can discover them.

And as usual let us know if you notice any bugs!

SanTelmo

v4_1937

Mundingo's Amusement Park Quest:
-Unique loot and rewards added for part 1
-Difficulty slightly increased for part 1

Hero Spawns:
It should now be possible for many additional creature types to spawn as "heroes" (including such rarity as Dire Frog Hero...). This addition is likely to also increase the chance of encountering hero spawns in general so expect the world to get a bit more dangerous and rewarding. This should also have an effect on some quest areas so please notify if an area goes too wild with hero spawns. Feel free to send me screenshot of some interesting hero spawns you may have encountered!

A few additions to loot tables on some high level quests.

Minor bug and environment fixes.
"EFU is a romance server now" -Vlaid

"Some people just gotta be killed" -Gip

Tala

v4_1958

Not really new content, but the best place to make this notice. I've disabled the Ooze Flood player tool. It was released only half-done and not functioning as I'd wish. Will be available once again when/if I manage to make the system work as desired.

ShadowCharlatan

v4_2003

Changed how Lower Sanctuary rentable areas work. All current owners are still owners.

- Lower Sanctuary rentable areas no longer need you to spend any gold to claim or keep them.
- Just log on regularly and use the area and your claim will autorenew.
- If you are away for over a week, your claim will autoexpire and someone else can take the area from you.
- Other PCs can PvP you, steal your key, and claim the rentable for themselves.
- Placeables to claim the areas are located outside each area.
- Non-covenant PCs can claim them.

Howlando

v4_2011

- Enthrallment-check NPCs in square now immortal
- Quality of life improvements for Final Sanctuary (resting, herald)
- Custom Magical Leather Enchantment added to House of Trade
- Calawyn Steel merchant special shop dramatically reduced prices, let me know if anything is too cheap (BEFORE buying lots of it please)
- Trash items removed from Lower Leech quest
- Fortress Khun rewards tweaked/improved
- Rotlands rewards tweaked/improved. Gold bonus reduced
- Sand Crypt ("Seers") loot table tweaked/improved. Gold bonus per PC added to quest completion
- Terrifying Cave (Beholders) end quest xp reduced. Gold bonus per PC added to quest completion. Loot tweaked. I may look into making this quest either buried in a random or otherwise more difficult, please don't trivialize beholders in your roleplay.
- Major changes to a lot of items in the loot table known as "Heroes Loot"

I'll take this opportunity to mention that if there are players out there who are interested in helping generate content for EFU (randoms, scripted quests, shops with items, other things?) and would actually do a good job, to feel free to get in touch!

SanTelmo

v4_036

-Various minor fixes and changes to the gameworld
-Quest changes:

QA - The Nest Left Unchecked - Rewards increased (more loot placeables)
Other minor nerfs and boosts to some quests (most beneficial to you my friends)

Level range changes:

To help players during less active times to find some quests to do, I have lowered and changed the following quest level ranges

Den of Roaches party range changed to 1-5 (was 2-5)
Haunted Bogs (aka mushroom duergar) party range changed to 2-8 (was 3-8)
Standing Stone Shrine party range changed to 3-8 (was 4-8)
Rampaging Behemoth party range changed to 2-8 (was 3-8) and level range changed to 4-9 (was 4-8)
Ogre's Den party range changed to 2-8 (was 3-8) and level range changed to 3-7 (was 4-6)

Keep in mind that most of these are not easy to do with the new minimum players required but at least you can now take the risk if you like!

Might be having a look into other quests as well so feel free to send me a PM on IRC if you feel like something could use a minor fix.
"EFU is a romance server now" -Vlaid

"Some people just gotta be killed" -Gip

Howlando

In preparation for EFU:EE, a few changes:

v4_EE20:

- Spruced up documentation in starter area & dialogue with starting quests. Please let me know if anything is still even slightly unclear or out of date for new players.

- Butcher Haydn Rowls has returned to the House of Trade, ready to buy rothe meat

- New NPC in Final Sanctuary buys the meat that drops from blue cave worms - unlimited level.

- New Potion Merchant NPC in Final Sanctuary, sells potions at a more competitive rate than most NPCs

- Some updates to Sanctuary

- Added  the "randomized" loot drops to some quests (some lowbie & high ones also)

- Badlands Bathhouse has number of quasits reduced & boss reduced in power

Howlando

v4_2045:

- Bugged out steamworks tileset areas removed
- in between should now directly connect with the Bowels
- added a tunnel in the prologue area to make things less confusing for newer players who don't know how to use a shovel
- Cheap abjurer's nightshade in House of Trade as magic eater frequency seems heavily increased

Howlando

v4_2046:

- Removed the old sewers area due to crash issues
- Tried a fix for rothe meat not dropping meat

Known issue that many monsters aren't dropping treasure when they should be. Will investigate in more detail later.

Howlando

v4_2050:

- Adjusted prologue portal to make the portal easier to click on. Will make a new prologue soon that will hopefully be less disorienting for new players.
- Rescue portals now go to a special chamber below the House of Governance
- Improved the flow of errand quests as a starter sequence, please let me know if anything is even slightly confusing
- Added IC info about (some) of the lowbie quests available
- Added new NPC to Upper Sanctuary who provides some basic advice, sells some UD exploration gear, and some useful spells (including inexpensive ultravision). Avoid asking for wisdom until a reset has taken place. Suggestions for other things she should say or do are welcome.

Howlando

v4_2053 :

- All Steamworks areas should be returned and now crash free, thanks to Symphony for producing a hot fix for that
- Hopefully treasure drops are returned to normal
- Hopefully rothe drop their meat again
- Cleaned out the starter shop a little

Howlando

v4_2058

- Hak weapon shops returned
- Shops adjusted (and there's a new secret shop somewhere selling something enticing....)
- New area with two old and much beloved quests making a come back (search the Tramways)
- Roach House quest moved to Upper Sanctuary
- Probably some other things I'm forgetting