Expectations for the newest chapter

Started by Paha, December 19, 2013, 07:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paha

First of all I want to thank all of you, players, both new and old. You make the server what it is, and what it can be, and I've seen a lot of good in the new chapter.

That being said, I must say that I have seen things that I thought we had left behind in great amounts, and ever more hoped they would be few in between with the new chapter - Where we pressed that we will demand far higher quality and integrity where ever possible, from both ourselves and players.

Lets get to the matters at hand.

[SIZE="5"]PvP[/SIZE]

It has become abundantly clear that people have started to slip into horrible habbits of seeking victory beoynd story. We know, each case is individual and there are many reasons to why it may happen, however it has happened far too often, far too easily in such a short time. This may be because we have many newer players. It may be because of the atmosphere of the setting, difficulties of getting to comfortable stage where so many of us felt more secure before, and who knows what else.

Our rules or PvP guidelines have not surely gone away recently. I beckon each and every one of you to look them over, once more. Think a bit before you act and do right by your character. Sometimes it means killing people. Think also if there has been times when it was not your character talking, but your fear of repercussions as a player, for letting your enemy go.

Once more. We are perfectly clear that current setting is far more brutal, more grim and desperate. We want it to be. It does not mean that players should forget good courtesy as people, and stop their efforts in making great stories. We hope it that much more in this challenging environment.

As a reminder, here are links for our server rules and pvp guidelines. I warmly suggest that people look them through, especially newer players.

Server rules
PvP guidelines
[SIZE="5"]
Behavior and Conduct[/SIZE]

This is in part related to our rules. There's a lot of little issues here or there. People taking shortcuts where they think we won't notice, little meta information, engine benefit here or there.

Stop it. We expect you to enjoy and try to limit yourself from abusing things you yourself often can find questionable. If it's a bug, report it. If you think it's bit lame or maybe just not liked, then you should gues that it likely is exactly that. If you doubt something, talk to us.

I have taken a notice that especially good old alchemy has had great interest from some of the older players, and I find it very unlikely few days old characters should be able to dish out incredible things out of the blue. Things, that some of the better and more invested ones were able to do after weeks and months in previous chapter. As much as I understand that some have put endless hours into things, there's a limit to everything. We will be taking a look at this, as we over time haul over the system.

If I personally notice very obvious meta information usage, I will be issuing retirements. We won't allow breaking of balance with the help of meta information, and if need be, we'll have to see something deeply changed if it proves to be an issue. We cannot however easily work over everything, or notice every matter. I would hope people have sense to see what is the level of current setting, and if things stand out, come to us and check if it should be so.

All to all, majority has been great. RP quality has been great, despite some of these old habbits, misunderstandings and what not. Truly, whole team expects that best of you and wants everyone to have fun, but unfortunately I've yet to find perfect system, or perfect people. We need to work on it together and everyone has to be able to play by the book, so to speak.

Older players, please guide newer ones, both in game and irc - and please, behave. We need to keep main channel clear of unnecessary trolling and puns, as to not drive away newer people that actually need some assistance.