Shoploot Rogue Weapons.

Started by Egon the Monkey, February 10, 2011, 12:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Egon the Monkey

I find the trouble with a pure rogue isn't any particular mechanical thing on most quests, or on PVP. It's that you're next to useless on certain quests as you simply can't do anything helpful against Undead/Oozes/Constructs. There are weapons out there, but they're only really for undead and they're kind of rare. I always figured expensive>rare, as it means you have a goal to aim for and can always get it i you amass enough money. Like Fullplate, or Patricianship, or Ranger/Druid Shop Loot.

So, I have a suggestion for a rogue store, selling purely items that help against unsneakable foes and are restricted to Rogue Only. Ones that rather than pure +dmg have a rogueish flavour to them, applying negative effects to these sort of targets. These could be implemented quicker than perks by selling them at Bilby's or something. The powers seem fairly simple to script too by repurposing the Purple Crystal Arrows script.

Cheap, Class-Restricted Holy  Water Bullets and Purple Crystal Arrows.

QuoteHaywire Probe [800 gold]
"This sharp metal spike is crafted through with copper tracks that disrupt the flux of magic through a golem, and can send the elemental within into a confused berzerk, attacking even its own creators."  
Dagger
-2 damage
+1d6 Electrical Damage vs Constructs
Unique Power onhit: 20% chance to force a Will save vs 3 round Confusion effect on a Construct.
OUB: Rogue
DO not use if you have Ftr/barb/ranger levels
QuoteProtoplasm Disruptor [800 gold]
"This mace is designed specifically to split and crush oozes to limit their ability to reform"
Mace
+1 AB vs Ooze
+1d4 Bludgeoning vs OOze
10% Acid Immunity
Unique Power Onhit: Any Ooze hit by it has to make a Fort save or become Slowed +1d4 damage if a sneak attack would normally occur.
Do not use if you have Ftr/barb/ranger levels
QuoteBone Sap [800 gold]
"This length of bone has been inscribed with abjurative runes designed to make undead freeze in fear of the wielder.
Mace
No Damage
+1d4 Cold Damage vs Undead
Unique Power Onhit: Any Undead makes a DC12 Wilsave or is feared for one round
 Do not use if you have Ftr/barb/ranger levels