Shovel items.

Started by el groso, February 14, 2011, 06:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el groso

MrGrendel

I know it's not exactly what you asked for, but there are actual pick items, as in mining picks.

el groso

I mean Shovels, to dig. Bury corpses, or steal corpses from graveyards!

Ebok

See, this just makes me wanna have Skeleton in the closet, an axe I call a shovel, and to wake up some nights covered in dirt with a new corpse in the room wondering what happened.

As for digging up corpses, I don't think that's going to be plausible, considering most things on Ymph aren't buried at their grave site. Who knows though, it just sounds like a lot of work for little gain to me.

MrGrendel

Quote from: el groso;223999I mean Shovels, to dig.

Er. Pickaxes are also used for digging... go get one of those until shovels are put in. :P

Random_White_Guy

Also:

PC BURIED TREASURE.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

petey512

This was suggested once back in the days of EfU! I fully agree with it but I believe the general concensus was that people didn't want everyone to have access to persistant storage.
"Proving concerned parents from the 80's wrong, just in time for them to be dead. "

Kinslayer988

Could be used for EFUSS archaeology
<SkillFocuspwn> no property developers among men only brothers

9lives

This suggestion is.. non-specific about what exactly you want. Shovels, yes. Just simply something like a mundane rope item for RP purposes?

BRESTON

I think a functionless shovel would be coolish. I mean, in the setting its more wierd that there -isnt- one.

But thats like saying its odd that you cant buy farming equipment in the marketplace.

I would like to RP hitting someone with a shovel though.

Relinquish

I talk like this because my brother hit me with a shovel.

THEDiamondJ

I hit a guy with a shovel once, knocked him out with one shot to the head.  Guess I needed a +1 shovel.

Garem

I think this suggestion would be better served suggesting what you want to use the shovel for.

Actually having a shovel item in your inventory is meh. Having a command, /c dig, which would provide possible benefits in the right place (worms for fishing, special corpses, buried treasure, etc.) would be a better way to achieve the same effect, I'd imagine.

Adding a shovel item into the mix adds all sorts of odd and frustrating things, like how anyone who can't wield an axe because they lack the proper feats can't pick one up and bang it against rocks. Stupid. Very stupid. Point being, items add unnecessary and odd frustrations. Slash commands are superior.

Oh, and I would totally DIG it if Archeology provided a bonus to digging somehow.

9lives

So basically you want an entire new system to unearth buried treasure through the medium of chat commands?

Does that not strike you as verging on the unnecessary?

The Old Hack

I dunno, it might be an idea for DMs to have a shovel. Think of all the stuff from players they have to wade through. >.>