Shovels for little people

Started by Electrohydra, November 07, 2019, 04:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Electrohydra

A very fun part of EFU's character progression comes from slowly acquiring higher quality equipment as your character progresses, among this adventuring tools (Bedroll, Shovel, Grapples). Getting lighter tools so that you can carry more equipment is a nice part of the game. There is an issue however, in that for Small sized characters, they cannot upgrade their shovel and are stuck with the very heavy starter shovel (as far as I know at least). This is because most of the "improved" shovels are the Holdable shovel, which is a Large weapon and as such impossible to equip for Small PCs.

I understand why the Holdable shovels where chosen : It's cooler if PCs actually equip a shovel to dig. But it would be nice if there where alternate acquirable shovels that are lighter then the starter shovel, perhaps only usable by Small PCs? Or perhaps still heavier then the Holdable shovels. I don't realy have particular stats in mind, I just think it would be cool if Small PCs could also invest in better shovels like Medium PCs can.

Howlando