Lady Fumblesbottom

Started by Don Nadie, January 22, 2023, 10:45:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Nadie

Lady Fumbelsbottom began when the Drydocks were first introduced. The area was extremely cool, but I was particularly attracted to the goddess Dogaressa. A divinity of spite and parodic nobility, with an incredible priestess explaining her lore (but not giving conversion options!), I knew I wanted a concept built arround her.

I also wanted to try ashen mirage, because it seemed extremely fun (and it was. Not strong at all, but extremely fun!). But it was when the idea of the Prancing Peacock occurred to me that I really got the tone I wanted: parodic, insane, absolutely evil but in a buffoonish way. I had the mockup for the Prancing Peacock even before she was created!

The background was simple:

QuoteA gnome and once employee of Toyfolly, Boppi was assaulted one evening by two retainers of Velstra. The violent trauma made the "real" Boppi retreat, becoming instead Grimeldine Fumbelsbottom, a woman of such nobility /nothing/ could harm her. Boppi still exists as one of "Grimeldine"'s handmaidens (aka, familiar).

[hide=Content warning: abuse (nothing super extreme/explicit, but still)] [/hide]

From there I went on having adventures, dying (funfact: the Ashen Mirage perk that supposedly saves you 33% of the time? NEVER triggered for me XD), and trying to do my best to represent Drydock madwoman and Lady Grist. Sadly, I play mostly in a dead timezone, so a lot of what I could do was just hanging libels, leaving letters and making declarations. Thankfully, I am nothing if not good at making my own fun. I trust I made the timezone enjoyable to those who share it with me :)

[hide]

[/hide]

I had a few fun adventures, and even managed to get two recruits into House Fumblesbottom, who joined me in parodying the Peerage and being extremely well-balanced and mentally sound individuals with only kindness in their hearts. We even got a little lair in the Drydocks! (Thanks to Bearic!) The only regret is that, despite gathering poison and  prestigious foods, we never managed to bring forth our plan of poisoning the Velstran Feast.

[hide]

[/hide]

I deeply enjoyed many of my interactions with many of you, particularly retainers with their conflicted (but always fun) approaches to the madwoman. I was particularly touched by Sylvira and Otto, treating Fumblesbottom with a kindness that she certainly did not deserve and being delightfully good friends (sadly, I got no screenshots of those first touching moments :S).

[hide]

[/hide]

As the world hurled to an end, Lady Fumblesbottom became convinced that the conflict was about her and, deliriously, insisted that all fights were a vain attempt to fulfill her Sorrows and earn her hand in marriage.

[hide]
[/hide]

At the same time, Boppi, the original owner of her body and magic, managed to assert herself a bit more, worried by her wife and children and their safety. This led to some cute scenes of Fumblesbottom being unreasonably generous and, ultimately (in a self-made epilogue) to the Lady's destruction.

[hide]
[/hide]

While I enjoyed playing with so many of you, I want to give my special thanks to Zviktor and Brinjolf for entertaining my foolish ideas, and to Bearic for facilitating them (and giving me some extremely hilarious scenes. The talking urns with KE-VIN the hypnotist was just excellent). I also wanna thank hin-crew (particularly Sylvira and Otto) for kiiinda redeeming what was redeemable about the Ward's foremost exemplar of Peerly virtues.

Hope you all enjoyed her!

And finally, GAZE UPON HER LOOT!

[hide]

[/hide]

Empress of Neon

I. Loved. Fumblesbottom. Do I even need to explain why? She was the most believable product of a gnome in the 99th and was damn-fun to interact with/behold even from the peripheral of whispers. Thank you for all the time/love you clearly put into this character. I'm only saddened she didn't survive to continue 'gracing' the world with her Fumbleness any further than she did.

A++

Gordan

Another great char! Sad Alden never managed to compose her song

Lalena Steele

Lady Fum was a genuinely fun PC. I will always regret not making Castan beg to become her knight. Alas, the adventures we did have were fun.