The Gilled Giant

Started by The Marauder, November 20, 2013, 05:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Marauder

This random encounter is WAY too enclosed for the amount and strength of enemies in this encounter. Highly recommend making it more a bit more spacious so that players aren't immediately jumped the moment they dive in.

Stranger

That was amazing.

I nearly choked on laughter when Cloudkill clipped me.

Moonlighter

petey512

It wasn't really spice. That's the actual spawn. We were just lucky in that a DM was there to take pity on us and make the slaughter hurt a little less.

That said, it might be a good idea to make the area a little bigger. I understand it's supposed to be challenging, but it's cloudkill and lightning spells are incredibly hard to counter on the fly, especially in close quarters. That'a full-party wipe waiting to happen.
"Proving concerned parents from the 80's wrong, just in time for them to be dead. "

petey512

Correction: It actually was spice. My bad.
"Proving concerned parents from the 80's wrong, just in time for them to be dead. "

The Marauder

Ladocicea

Spice is an annoying term for when DMs alter the normal setup of the gameworld to make things more interesting, specifically changing scripted quests as parties are doing them.

I will give anyone a whole character level if you create a less stupid term for this than 'spice/spicing' and proliferate it to the point where it becomes the preferred vernacular.

Red_Judas

Improved/improve/improving/improvement.

+1
Currently playing: Quass al Quadra

Pigadig

John Doe

Ladocicea: making a point of keeping the kitchen and efu seperated since 2005!

The OP has a good point. It's probably an oversight somehow! There's not really that many other transits in this game where enemies spawn directly in attack range.

Moonlighter

Quote from: Ladocicea;362865Spice is an annoying term for when DMs alter the normal setup of the gameworld to make things more interesting, specifically changing scripted quests as parties are doing them.

I will give anyone a whole character level if you create a less stupid term for this than 'spice/spicing' and proliferate it to the point where it becomes the preferred vernacular.

zesting

jazzing (up?)

animating

DMing

Red_Judas

Quote from: John Doe;362874Ladocicea: making a point of keeping the kitchen and efu seperated since 2005!

The OP has a good point. It's probably an oversight somehow! There's not really that many other transits in this game where enemies spawn directly in attack range.

Except that the DM put it there, and we had a blast.
Currently playing: Quass al Quadra

Inquisitor

Quote from: Ladocicea;362865Spice is an annoying term for when DMs alter the normal setup of the gameworld to make things more interesting, specifically changing scripted quests as parties are doing them.

"Benghazi-ing"

Let me know when you can login for that level. Thx!

The Marauder

Enhancing is my suggestion. As in, enhancing the story/experience. :cool:

tala_kai

"DM awesomed the quest!" - made it more awesome. :D (a new word!)