Potions of Blind Fighting

Started by VanillaPudding, July 10, 2022, 07:19:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VanillaPudding

Seems to be a HOT TOPIC these days, but maybe adding some custom potions of this feat would be a nice neutral ground?

Blue41

Just let me pay some grizzled dwarf for my feat tax please. 5k for blind fight. You already let the genie out of the bottle.

Whyleth

I also agree with this, but there would have to be a way to balance it out.
I understand why you can pay for like wand crafting, potion brewing, scribing scrolls ect.  as they have no real effect on combat.

I feel like maying these payable would make melee's more superior in terms of feat bloat, and would possibly stop some fighter dips.
I put blind-fight in the same category as toughness.  They're both feats in the category of: "You have to take these or else you're just suboptimal."
Which is possibly why Earth Domain for Clerics is considered the best.

Vlaid

Toughness is by no means on the same level as blindfighting. Almost every sorcerer and at least one 10 con fighter I played in COR did not take it. Earth domain is so common because it's just good in a generic way (and not so generic way) for everything you'd want. Either needs nerfs or other primary domains need love, time will tell which happens.

Without upending the whole feat system  "feat taxes" are good at preserving the fighter niche and ensuring you can't take every feat you want all the time. You get 4-5 feats for most classes that isn't asking a lot to devote one to blindfighting if you want it. Only real issue is II anyway (both on monsters and on PCs) in PVE.

For classes or builds that have both a healthy amount of spellcasting power and melee power it becomes a more important distinction too.

A lot of people think some feats are feat taxes and they really aren't anyway. Some people think every barbarians needs WF and there probably hasn't been a real crusher barbarian in COR that took it.