Do something about the Sorcerous Skull helmet (remove, replace, add variation)

Started by zerotje, July 06, 2021, 06:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zerotje

Hello,

I find it annoying to see so many Sorcerer PC's all wear the same savage reptillian skull helmet.
It'd be good if we had some more helmet variation for Sorcerers. Or we just delete it.

The most ridiculous part is nobility or retainers wearing them, but that could be dealt with IC.

Vlaid

Anyone who considers themselves a retainer and some kind of fixture of the nobility of the Rings should be mocked for wearing anything ridiculous like this. But it's largely up to us players to do it.

Case by case  still, there could be exceptions. Like an executioner or something.

SamB123

Part of the problem is, that mockery doesn't happen IC.

I don't know how many retainers I've seen by now who wear skulls, because it's the "only good sorcerer helm".

Good, suck it up. You don't need a best in slot item.
Because the other side of the coin is that players should be mature enough to recognize this for themselves, without IC mockery and especially with a DM chastising IC/OOC.

Bearic

Heh, interesting timing.

Efu has a lot of high functioning gear that looks silly/evil for the very same reason it has gear that only functions for good/noble pcs the same way. It's basically a choice your pc is supposed to care about and part of their characterization.

Are they lowly or base enough for that extra spellslot, or will they do with something else to look more fitting or integrate more properly into their social circle?

It's really an added difficultly and intended situation to add to the server.

Disorder

From mechanics perspective there are now two identical sorcerer helmets. After Madman Antennae change (lvl 3 spellslot granted by it was removed) the skullmask exceeds the antennae due to not being cursed / not having a penalty to some skill.
I guess the point of this thread was not to discuss how and who should react icly, it was about providing more variety of sorc headgear, not necessary with both 1st and 2nd circle spellslots at once

Diabl0658

When I see retainers wearing the skull helmet I actually compliment them on their fashion sense, but then again I typically play wizards whose fashion sense is difficult to comprehend sometimes.